13.

Jack's p.o.v

Walking into the lunch room I quietly hum a random green day song to myself, not being able to remember the name at the moment, I know it's an old one though.

Stopping near the cafeteria doors I take a minute to look around for Alex.

I wasn't sure if he wanted me to sit with his 'friends' or if he wanted to sit with me alone, but my questions were answered when I found him waving at me from an vacant table he was sat alone at.

Zack and Rian are sitting with us as well today, they just don't know it yet...and well, neither does Alex. I want Zack and Rian to see that Alex is a good guy and he's not a complete and total douche like they think he is.

It's a risky plan, but what can I say? I'm a risky guy.

I texted both of them earlier and told them I wanted them to sit with me and my blonde friend. They don't know Alex is blonde yet, so it's easier to trick them. They agreed and said they would meet me soon.

Strolling up to the table Alex was sat at, I sit down with a smile when I see his face. I don't know why, I just always smile when I see him.

Is that weird?

"Hey" he greets, smiling at me with a lop sided grin that I always find so adorable.

"Hey Lex" I smile back. It was probably my imagination but I think he blushed a little at the nickname.

He used to never blush before we started hanging out. I never saw him blush a single time. Come to think of it, I never really saw him smile either, just a cocky smirk that I hate that I love. I would never admit it to anyone, but I always found Alex's smirk kinda hot.

"So...I may or may not have invited people to sit with us"

"Alright" he responds skeptically. "Who?"

"...Zack and Rian" I explain to him hesitantly.

His relaxed demeanor turns to an anxious one in the blink of an eye. He looks at me with widened eyes.

"Dude, they're gonna tear me apart!"

I shake my head at his over reaction. "I doubt they're dreaming of tearing you apart, Alex"

"That's highly debatable" he shrugs. "They both hate me"

"They don't hate you" he flashes me a 'bitch you know I'm right' look. "Ok fine, maybe you're not their favorite person, but I'm hoping I can change that. You have the same sense of humor and taste in music as us, I don't see why they shouldn't like you"

"We both know why they shouldn't like me Jack" he points out.

"If I can forgive you, so can they" I tell him sternly. I really want Alex to know there's no more bad blood between us. I want to get to know the real Alex, the one that he spends so much time hiding from the world but I can't do that when he's so stuck on the asshole he pretends to be.

He tries to open up his mouth to argue, but instead gets interrupted by the sound of my phone going off. A text from Rian lights up on my phone telling me they will be here very soon.

"What if one of them stabs me!" Alex blurts out.

I laugh at his outrageous question. Neither of them would hurt a fly, well maybe Rian would, but only if the fly deserved it.

"Alex, they won't stab you I promise."

He lets out a sigh of relief but he still looks uneasy. I've never seen him look so helpless. He looks like a scared puppy dog that lost it's owner. As weird as it is to say, he looks kinda cute when he's nervous.