Michael Jones

The first class I had was Reagan's which I had a test in

The first class I had was Reagan's which I had a test in. Great. As soon as I set my book bag in my locker I saw a familiar face standing at the locker two down from mine that used to be vacant but now it is occupied by the Booth Boy at Panera Bread that Faith and I saw just before school! He looked over to me with those beautiful ocean eyes, smirked, then walked away RIGHT INTO REAGAN'S CLASSROOM! I had a class with him. What's worse is that I have an empty desk partnered with mine! If he sits there, I'm bound to talk with him, God... what do I do?!

Luckily, when I sat down in my desk, the Booth Boy was talking with the teacher. Mr. Reagan started scanning the room looking for an empty desk no doubt. His eyes panned each row then they landed on the desk right next to me and pointed. Booth Boy looked at the desk, then at me, thanked Reagan and smirked at me as I widely stared at Mr. Reagan and my brows were close to my eyelids. As soon as that boy sat down I smelled a sweet scent, citrus... I cautiously bent down pretending to fix something in my desk and I inhaled in his direction, it was him. Wow. I sat up and stared straight at the blank smart board waiting for class to begin. All while seeing in my peripheral vision that the Boy was STARING right at me! I remained with cool composure but inside I was screaming look back at him, talk to him!!

Surprisingly I didn't have to, he started a conversation. "I'm Michael Jones, it's nice to meet you" he paused waiting for me to state my name "Celeste" I finally gave in "Hm... unique, I think I'll call you CeCe" he smiled. I felt flustered he gave you a nickname! I was absolutely hot, not my face, my ears (that happens when I get surprised or flustered as I am now) I remained playing hard to get "I'd appreciate it if you didn't give me a nickname, I like my name just the way it is" "Okay, I like Celeste... so I guess I'm you're partner? Will your boyfriend be okay with that? He's looking really weirdly in my direction" he laughed. He was gesturing to Adam: Adam Johnson, he is practically my big brother! He was born the same month as me. He is kinda overprotective (not in an I'm interested in you so you can't date anyone, more like a is he good for you? type of overprotectiveness) we have known each other since birth. Our mothers became friends while in their hospital bed (weird, I know) Adam and I used to spend all our time together. We still do but not all our time, that's mostly what Faith and I do.

"Adam?" I asked "if that's his name yeah Adam" I burst out laughing "he is not my boyfriend!" "Oh" he looked embarrassed for thinking the wrong thing. "It's okay, I didn't mean to be rude by laughing at you it's just that I didn't think that you would've thought that Adam and I are together" I tried to fix what I did wrong. "Yeah, I know. I'm sorry" I shook my head "There is no need for you to apologize! You didn't know" I put my hand on his shoulder. He looked at it and I immediately took it off and breathed a short laugh out making my shoulders shake for a short bit. I saw Faith walk through the door as I had my hand on his shoulder. Her eyes were filled with joy and gave me a thumbs up. "That's who you were sitting with at Panera" he remarked. "Yeah, that's Faith she's been my best friend since Pre-K" I smiled remembering when we first met. "She's pretty..." he glanced over to her then back at me to see my reaction. "Yes, she is" I looked down at my hands folded in my lap. "Not my type though" he said seriously. "What is your type? Faith is perfect?!" I gasped "Shy. Faith doesn't seem shy... You do" he hinted. "I am, I can't stand being the center of attention." Michael smiled and looked down at my hands which I began to look at again. "I'm not looking for a relationship though, I've got way too much to do as it is... balancing a relationship and all of my other priorities would be too much." I informed "well, maybe you just haven't met the right person." He smirked. Is he flirting with me?! Michael cleared his throat right as Mr. Reagan came in the classroom. Both Mike's and my head turned to the smart board in front of us. "Okay students" he started "we have the test today!" Michael was asked to pass out the test since he wasn't taking it. He stood up and gave me one first placing it on the edge of my desk then scooting it closer to me with his index finger. I looked up and smiled, he did too.

"Alright everyone is done with the tests so I will be explaining your partner project" Mr. Reagan began after everyone passed up their tests. "You mean group project right Mr. Reagan?" I asked really hoping that he just said the wrong word. "No Ms. Wild, I mean partner project" he replied raising his eyebrows at me. "Meaning, your desk partner, no picking your partner it is already assigned." Michael looked at me and grinned "hey partner!" I let out a quiet laugh and giggled "you've gotta be kidding me" "yay! We will be able to get to know each other better now" he smirked. I rolled my eyes and he jokingly stuck his tongue out at me which made me practically laugh hysterically but I caught myself. The fact that he was making that ugly face with the most beautiful face ever was just mind-boggling. Mr. Reagan explained the project and the bell rang for us to go to the next class of the day. "See you later partner" Michael laughed. I waved goodbye and headed to my next class.