The Project Began

I walked out to meet up with Faith in the parking lot but I was stopped by one of the popular girls, it was Nadia. "Who do you think you are?!" She screamed "I'm sorry?" "You know exactly what I'm talking about" she spit a bit when she said exactly. I shook my head. "God, how oblivious are you?! Kylie was going for that Michael hunk and you totally stopped it!" "I didn't... do anything" I calmly said. "Michael said she wasn't his type, she walked away. That's all that went down...I didn't say anything" "he was touching your back...do me a favor and leave him alone for Kylie's sake" she demanded getting even closer to my face with every word. "I don't think she can do that" came a deep far off voice. Nadia and I both turn in the direction of the voice. Sure enough it was my knight in shining armor Michael. "She won't back off of you" Nadia groaned "I'm not even ON him in the first place" I remained calm no matter how much I wanted to punch her in the face. She raised her hand close to my face and struck it. With that Michael was alert. He went to my side and cried "Why did you do that?!" Nadia shrugged, "it's an improvement. Trust me." "I think you should leave" Mike shouted standing onto his feet towering over the short girl. With that she nodded and left. "Oh, CeCe are you okay?!" He asked, his voice was shaking. I mustered enough strength to let out a small, soft laugh "again with that stupid nickname?" He smiled and held my head to his chest. "Let's get you home." We got to my car and I was set in the driver seat Mike in the passenger seat. "Why are you still here? Shouldn't you be at home?" I asked. He simply said "I bike, since I moved from Michigan I haven't had time to get a car. I'm still fifteen." I pinched his cheek and giggled "aw, my baby boy is only fifteen? How sad!" "Hey! I'm hopefully getting my license in April, I'm not that young!" He laughed and sighed "start the car you grown up" before I did I texted Faith "hey sorry I can drive you home today" "it's okay, Adam drove me, you were kinda late so I assumed you had other plans." I turned the key and drove away from the school campus.

We were down the road to go into my subdivision when Michael asked me "so, what exactly happened?" "I was just casually walking and Nadia explains that I 'ruined' Kylie's chances with you and she said 'he was touching your back' and I was like all Michael said was that she wasn't his type! Then she got all defensive and that's when you stepped in" I finished. He nodded as I pulled up to my gate to enter the code to get through. "Woah! Celeste Wild is a rich girl?!" He remarked "hah, yeah... most people don't know that. Just wait till you see the house...sorry that sounded like I was conceded. I'm not... I didn't mean it like that I just-" "I get what you mean" he reassured. I pull up to the three story house. With two balconies on each story. "Holy..." Mike breathed. I open my car door and open up the front door of the house with another code. "My parents aren't home but my older sister is" I informed. "Got it" he nodded. "Is my cheek red?" I questioned. Michael turned my injured cheek to him and shook his head. "It's not" he confirmed.

"I'm home and I brought a friend" I shouted, my voice echoing through the house. "Kitchen" my sister Amber replied. "Amber, this is Michael... Mike" I introduced. He waved and Amber replied "any friend of Lestie's is a friend of mine" Michael choked back a laugh but burst when we were up the spiral staircase to my room.

As I opened the double doors I turned to him confusion filled my face. "Lestie?! You don't like CeCe but you are okay with LESTIE?!" He was laughing so hard that I had to set him down on my large sectional sofa. "No. It's just that it is my sister so I am okay with whatever she wants to call me" I respond sourly. I sit next to him on the sofa and he places his arm around my neck making me lean into him. "That's cute" was all he said. I smirked then said. "So, want me to research for the PowerPoint and you do the essay?" "Sure" he released his arm. I was a bit sad that he did. "I don't have my computer with me" he recalled. "It's okay you can take my MacBook" I said as I got it from my nightstand. "Thanks" I nodded then went over to my desk where my iMac rested I moved the mouse and it lit up making the room glow.

We researched for two hours. Seeing as the project was due in three weeks, we decided to get most of it done with the time we had to spare. After we finished we just talked for a while. I gave him a house tour and all he could say when we went into every room was "Woah!" Or "wow!" He's honestly adorable. We finally arrived back at my room and we rested on the couch with his arm around me. "You're house is amazing! How did your parents even get this kind of money?" He wondered. "They're both doctors that own their own company" I explained. He seemed impressed. "I should hang out with you way more!" "Why cause I'm rich?" "No, because you're sweet and a person who is open to pretty much anything. You're an overall great beautiful girl to hang out with." As he said this I saw his eyes shift from mine to my lips. He rubbed his own with one hand and then looked back into my eyes. An overall great beautiful girl resonated with me. It made me happy. And Michael was talking about me. "Mike?" I asked staring deeply into his hypnotizing blue eyes. "Yeah?" Before I could get any words out, my mom came upstairs and asked Michael "would you like to stay for dinner hun?" "Sure I'd love to" he replied sweetly.