The Carnival

Mike drove us to the fairground and we walked around for a bit. I caught sight of something I wanted to do and blurted out " BUMPER CARS!!" "Ugh, I don't like bumper cars" Adam groaned. "Well, I don't like you! We are going on the bumper cars whether you like it or not." I dragged Mike's hand and next to me Faith dragged Adam.

The line wasn't very long. When I was laughing with Mike after he rammed into me I felt someone bump me from behind I turned and Kylie was there smirking at me! I went after her and rammed her right back. Even. Harder. She let out a shriek and went over to Mike. Oh no you don't! I glared at her and made it to Michael first to warn him. "Incoming" he turned and Kylie smashed into him. Mike looked at me and we both grinned deviously. We cornered Kylie and continued to smash our bumper cars into her's.

"Okay! That's enough! Stop, you're going to give me whiplash!" Kylie screamed. Our time on the bumper cars was done. When Kylie came out she was massaging her neck and had a sour look on her face. She went into the bathrooms, I decided to follow. "I'll be right back" I told Faith, she nodded.

I entered the restroom and Kylie was looking in the mirror, pain written all over her face. "What do you want Celeste? Look, I'm sorry I tried to steal Michael away from you okay, I was jealous that all the new guy wanted to do was hang out with you. I let that jealousy control me and nothing good came out of it."
"Honestly, before Michael came here I didn't even know you existed. Nobody did. Then all of a sudden you get all the attention because you started hanging with the hunky new kid. I am sorry, I doubt you wanted any of this. I also am sorry that I didn't back off when you asked me to. I just didn't want to accept the fact that Mike wanted the shy girl and not a popular hot girl." She added. I stood there not saying anything. "It's okay, just promise me that neither you or your other friends will bully me or beat me up." "Deal. I was also bitter because I was jealous that Faith is like best friends with you. You have like everything you could ever want... I just didn't see how awful I was acting toward you." "Look. Faith thinks your awesome! Plus, I was kind of jealous of you. Don't get me wrong I don't want to be popular now. But I did before Mike came around. You had so many friends! Now I know how you feel. Being in the spotlight all the time is a lot of work."
"The worst part about popularity is that you have a lot of friends but almost none of them are true friends. They're all fake." She massaged her neck more. "I'm sorry about the bumper cart thing... I'll get you ice if you need."
"No, it's fine. I can get it."
I nodded and began to walk to the door to leave.
"Hey, Celeste?"
"Yeah?"
"I'm sorry... I really am." I think she meant it. The look in her eyes explained it all. I nodded and forgave her.

I walked out back to Faith, Adam, and Mike. Mike was holding cotton candy in his hand. He offered me some and I gladly took a couple of pieces. "Why were you in there for so long?" He asked me "Kylie-" he cut me off by placing his index finger to my lips. He gave the cotton candy to Adam and grabbed my face "are you hurt?!" I started laughing. "CeCe answer the question! This isn't anything to laugh about. It-" I gave him a quick peck to shut him up so that I could explain. "That's not it at all. She apologized and we are cool now!"
He still looked concerned. I grabbed the cotton candy from Adam and shoved a piece into Mike's mouth. He ate it happily. "Trust me, everything is fine!" I took his hand and we interlocked our fingers together. "I'm going to go on the Ferris wheel, care to join Mike?" I asked. He nodded and left Adam and Faith to their own devices.

As we rode up I leaned my head on Mike's shoulder. When we reached the top, he got a phone call. When he ended it he looked up at me and screamed. "MY DAD CAME OUT OF HIS COMA!!! CECE HE'S AWAKE!!" He hugged me tightly as the Ferris wheel stopped we rushed off and told Adam and Faith that we had to leave. We rushed to his car and strapped in to go. We started to drive. "God! Thank God! My dad is awake! He's ALIVE" Mike cried. I saw tears of joy in his eyes. I squeezed his shoulder and grinned.

We reached the hospital and found his dad's room. "Dad!" He cried rushing to his side. I stood off in the corner of the room not really sure what I should do. "Michael. My boy!" He wheezed. "Dad, I want you to meet someone..." Mike pulled my arm to his dad's bed. "This is my girlfriend Celeste. She means the world to me and she comforted me when I was depressed that you didn't wake up."

"Nice to meet you miss! I'm glad you make my boy happy" a couple of minutes after talking to Nick (that was his name) June came in with Tyson and Molly. "My word you kids are so grown up! Last I saw you was last year!" Nick kissed the top of their heads and gave June a soft kiss on the lips. "Ew!" The twins said in unison. Mike and I just laughed. They didn't understand what Love was like. Two years ago I would of done the same thing but now I have Mike and I wouldn't want it any other way. He put his arm around my waist and kissed the top of my head.
-
-
-
Hope you guys liked that chapter. I worked really hard on it. Just a notification this next week since classes are starting back up again I will probably not be posting any chapters. Sorry! I know I feel awful! XOXO
-
-
-
QOTD: What would you like to see happen in the book?