Someone's Jelous...

After three periods ended, it was time for lunch. Faith always meets me at my locker so when I felt a presence behind the locker door I just assumed it was her. Bang went the door and standing right behind it was Michael Jones! "Hey partner" he smirked. I almost tripped over my own foot when I saw him. "You aren't Faith?" I replied confused. "Nope but she's right there" he said pointing down the hall to Faith, she was talking with the popular girls. They were all laughing and one girl was staring at me and Michael.

She suddenly pointed. "Celeste!" Faith shouted. She told the popular girls goodbye and walked over to Michael and me. I turned to him, he was leaning against the lockers playing with his hair. "Faith-" I tried to explain to him something but I was cut off by her "hello Booth Boy! Will you be joining us at our table today?" She asked slyly "if you ladies would like that" I think he was talking more to me than Faith because his eyes were locked on mine. "I'm fine with that" I nodded. Faith led the way "where is Adam Celeste?" "Don't ask me, I don't control that boy" I laughed. "He sits with you guys?" Michael questioned. "Well duh Booth Boy! He's like our best friend" Faith replied. "Faith...his name is Michael... Michael Jones." I informed. "Oh, Michael" she repeated. "Can we call you Mike? You know like from stranger things?" I asked him "sure, if I can call you CeCe" he smiled wide. "Fine" I sigh. "Good, CeCe is cute anyway" he laughed. "Ok MIKE, if you say so" I shake my head while grinning. "Aww" Faith cooed "what?" Michael and I said in unison "you two are cute!" She had to emphasize the word cute! My ears turned red and hot Mike looked down at his feet and smiled. "We are?" We both said together again.

We looked over at each other and laughed. "We're just friends" Mike said putting his arm around my neck. "Adam!" Faith waved "hey! Not at lunch yet I see" he laughed. "We were waiting for you slowpoke!" I smiled. Adam looked from me to Michael then to his arm which was still around my neck. He shook his head and then offered "want to eat lunch now?" We nodded and headed to the cafeteria.

As Mike and I pushed through the doors with Faith and Adam behind us everyone stared as Michael had his arm on my back, guiding me through the crowd of people walking to their seats. I turned back to him and said "this is the table" Faith sat across from Michael and I and Adam sat on her left. "So, what do you guys think about Reagan's project?" Michael began "I think it's dumb, I have to be with the worst person, she literally does no work! I asked her how we should split the work up and she said to me 'how about you do the PowerPoint and research and I'll approve it' like what does that even mean 'approve' what?" Adam complained. "I think it will be fun! I got James Madison as my person and I have a great partner" Faith explained. "We got Abraham Lincoln" Michael informed pointing from himself to me.

They both nod and finish eating. Everyday after lunch we get called out to go outside and relax before the next class. The principle says it's a good thing for kids, gets us 'up and active'. Adam, Michael, Faith and I all headed outside to the picnic tables and sat down to talk. "Why the popular girls staring at me?" I asked Faith. She is the type of person who can fit in with any group that's why she has so many friends. "Who? Oh, Kylie and Nadia? They think that Mike is cute and they are jealous that he hangs out with you" she stated. Michael smiled and looked at the girls. Kylie walked over to us and Michael immediately placed his hand on the small of my back and smiled at her as she came strutting. "Hey cutie!" Cutie? Hottie is more like it! Also who starts a conversation like that? "Hey there, Kylie, is it?" Michael replied not taking his hand off where he first laid it. "Yeah, um so I just wanted to know if you would like to go out sometime" she asked staring at his arm and where it was guided. "Sorry, you're not really my type. None of your friends are either" he said honestly. "Oh, okay."

She pouted then walked away back to her group of girls. "Kylie isn't your type?!" Faith gasped in disbelief "he goes for shy girls" I informed her "I will admit she is very attractive but I'm not into her romantically." Michael said before taking his hand away from my back. Over with Kylie and Nadia the girls were whispering and giggling then pointing over to our picnic bench. When lunch ended and it was the last class of the day, all the girls were asking me what it was like to date the hot new boy at school. The last class of the day was homeroom again. That meant Mr. Reagan's history class. I walked into class and at the desk next to me was Mike. I sat down next to him and we started talking. "So, when should we meet up to do the project?" Mike asked "we could do it today after school at my place if you want" I offered. I couldn't help but look over his shoulder to see the popular girls glaring at me as I spoke to him. "That sounds good to me, should I follow you back to your house or will you text me when I can come" "I'll text you... the only problem is that I don't have your number" he took my phone which I already had out and put his contact information in. "See you after later" Michael smiled. Yes you will I wanted to say, instead I just simply said "bye" and with that the school day was done. We got out at 1:30 so I had plenty of time to get everything in order at home and work on the project before curfew.