Meeting the Wild Family

My mom closed the door to my room and left us alone. "That's your mom?" Michael asked
"Yep. Why?"
"You look just like her, she could be your sister"
I laughed "you have no clue how much I get that"
"She also looks really young!"
"She's thirty-eight so..."
"That explains it"
"What were you trying to tell me before she came in?"
I sighed "oh, it's not important."

Michael and I got to know each other a little bit more before my mom came back in and announced that dinner was ready. We both walked down the stairs to the dining table. "Amber went out with some of her friends so she won't be joining us. Dad is coming home, he should be here any minute" my mom stated. We dished up some basil and salmon that she made. "I hope you aren't allergic to fish or lemon" my mom said worriedly. "I'm not, I don't have any allergies. Thanks for your concern though Mrs. Wild" my mom nodded and said "please call me Gina, using the formal greeting makes me feel much older than I am" Michael and I both laughed at her comment.

When she saw how happy I was I saw a sense of pride in her eyes and through her smile. "So how did you meet Celeste?" My mom asked "Well, I was at Panera when her and Faith were. I saw them, I didn't know who they were but I thought that CeCe seemed cool" "little did he know, I had a class with him, homeroom" I finished for him. He nodded in approval of my telling of the story.

My mom smiled and said "you call her CeCe? You must be special, I wanted to call her that but she wouldn't let me" she turned and winked at me. I rolled my eyes and Mike looked over to me. He was sitting right next to me so I felt his hand lightly touch my thigh, I looked into his eyes and he was smiling. I smiled back and the front door swung open, it made all three of us at the table jump right out of our skin. "Honey! I'm home!" It was the sound of my dad's voice. "Is this your boyfriend Celeste?" "DAD!" I hid my face with my hand. Michael spoke for me "no, sir I'm not, I'm a friend. Michael Jones" "hmm, gentleman. Call me chase" he held out his hand for Michael to shake it. He did, "firm grip, I approve" my dad added. Michael smiled and sat back down next to me. He grabbed my hand and rubbed the back of it with his thumb. He let go when my dad started his interrogation. "So Mike, how old are you?" "I'm fifteen"
My dad turned to me "cradle robber I see"
I rolled my eyes and he continued "you new here?"
"Yes, I moved from Michigan"
My dad nodded then asked "you got a job?"
"Looking for one"
"You gonna be a distraction to my daughter?"
"I hope not, if anything she will be way more focused on schoolwork than me"
"Good, I would hope so"
"You smart Mike?"
"I would say so, I'm in all AP classes"
"Very well, you seem like a good man Michael. It's nice to meet you"

After Mike and I finished eating I offered "I could drive you home if you want" he nodded. "Nice meeting you!" He said before we went of the door. "Same here son" "bye dear" my parents said. I unlocked the car doors and we strapped in Mike said "you're parents seem nice" "they are" I agreed. "My Dad really seemed to take a liking to you" I added. "Good."

I was almost to his house when I asked him "what was that at dinner?" "What?" "When you held my hand and touched my thigh?" "Oh, that" "Yeah... what are we?" "I want to be more than friends but you are focused on school so..." "maybe I just found the right person to be with that I could make it work" I hinted. He made me pull the car over to the side of the road I stopped the car and he cradled my face in his hands. My hair got in my face and he brushed it behind my ear. I went weak, he leaned in and kissed me slowly I have NEVER been kissed before but I don't think a kiss could be better than that. "So we're together?" I asked. He laughed and said "Celeste Wild, we are together if you couldn't tell" I gave him another quick kiss before putting the car into drive. I reached his house and it was a small home, average, cute. "See you tomorrow?" I asked "Yes, you will. Bye CeCe" he blew a kiss before opening his front door. I rolled my eyes but waved goodbye as he walked in.

When I made it back home I went straight to my room. I laid on my bed, all I could think about was the kiss. My mom knocked on my bedroom door "come in" I said softly. "So, Mike and you are just friends??" My mom asked suspiciously "okay, a bit more than friends..." my mom raised an eyebrow. "Okay... we're together... but we just became a couple before I dropped him off" "you kissed him didn't you?" My mom asked eagerly. "Yes, we kissed... it was nice-magical-perfect...wonderful. Everything at once so many emotions were going through me I was surprised I didn't explode." My mom smiled, "that's exactly how I felt when I first kissed your father. That's how I knew it would last" right when she said that I thought to myself Celeste Jones I liked the sound of that ugh no Celeste STOP! That's gross, you two might not even last. "I just hope your happy baby, that's all I care about." My mom patted my back "I am mom, trust me." My mom nodded, kissed my forehead and said "get some rest."