Chapter 10 Nothing But Blood

I woke in the middle of the night in Eric's chair covered with his jacket. "Eric?" I asked as I got up and put Eric's leather jacket over my crop top. I walked out of the office and into the bar; when I entered I saw Eric and Chow come out of the basement door. "What are you two doing?" I asked skeptically and very curious because I've never been down there.

"Nothing that concerns you," Chow said rudely.

"Chow!" Eric said harshly.I yawned and glared at him. "I thought that you would sleep longer," Eric said playing with the ends of my hair. I raised my eyebrow at the basement door. Eric shook his head, "No." he answered my unasked question. I just shrugged it off and grab my school bag off of the counter. "What are you doing?" Eric asked as I sat down in a chair.

"Homework." I stated as I pulled out my history study guide. Eric walked up behind me moving my hair away from my neck.

"World History huh? I could help you with it; I have been in most of these events." He offered as he slid his jacket off of my shoulders.

"You're such a distraction Eric. Wait, what do you know about Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party? Cause that's my favorite time in history; it's so interesting and I love studying about it." I asked excitedly turning around in the chair. His lips met mine in a passionate kiss. "Damn." I said as he pulled away after that he kept trying to distract me but I got my homework done. He took me to his house because I got tired and went to bed.

Time skip brought to you by Chibi-talia

I got up the next morning and went to school going through my day as usual. It was almost fall break so I went my entire day helping the teachers get ready for the break. I got home and found Sookie upstairs in Gran's room. "Ow shoot!" She gasped just as the doorbell rang. I walked down the stairs to the door as Sookie follows. We open the door to see Sid Matt Lancaster, "Have a seat Mr. Lancaster." Sook said as the man walked in. I stood leaning against the door frame as they sat. Apparently Uncle Bartlett passed away. I gave a smirk already knowing who killed the old bastard.

*Flashback*

Eric and I sat on the bed as I told him about Great Uncle Bartlett and how he made me uncomfortable. "Did he ever hurt you?" He asked his grip tightening around me.

"No he was just touchy I stopped wearing shorts and tank tops for the longest time because of him." I said moving closer to Eric.

"Don't worry Liv I'll never let him touch you ever again." He promised and snuggled me closer.

*End of Flashback*

Later Sook and I went to give Jason the check because neither of us wanted dirty money. Although Jason argued he finally took the check. That night I went back to Eric's and took a small nap before heading to work. I was helping tend bar tonight when Sook walked up and said, " Piteter of Abita Light."

"Not their usual Dixie Draft?" asked Tara as she poured it.

"Nah, Jason's not drinking and Hoyt says that his mamma wants him to watch his weight." Sook answered as Arlene walked up.

"Oh please, she's one to talk.That woman's got more chins than a Chinese phone book." Arlene remarked with a smile. We all burst out laughing then got back to work. That was until Jason pulled Sook and I aside and told us that he was going to be gone for a week to visit some church in Baton Rouge. I know he was lying but I didn't say anything and told him to have fun and wished him luck. I left work and headed to Fangtasia.