Chapter 12: Scatches

‘He’s driving too fast Sookie please make him stop!’ I mentally pleaded; my panic and anxiety getting the best of me. You see I’ve been in a car accident before and now I have anxiety about reckless driving . After a little arguing between the two the car came screeching to a halt. As soon as it did I jumped out and ran as fast as I could into the woods.

“Liv!” I heard Sookie scream after me, but let's face it I maybe a little chubby but I’m in a BonTemps Raider and webring home first place for CCR every meet (cross country rescue for those of you not in JROTC). I’m quite a bit more athletic than my sister. I stopped to catch my breath when I heard a rustle from the bushes behind me.

“Sook I am not getting back in that car with him.” I said turning my head to see what looked like a Minotaur with long claws dripping with something; standing only about four feet away from me. I spun around to run but only got a few feet before my back was toor open by what I’m  guessing was the claws of the beast. I let out an ear piercing scream than from what I could tell the creature ran off as Sookie ran up with Bill appearing a few seconds later. “Liv!” she screamed as she pulled me into her lap; I groaned and pain.

“Sook I can’t move.” I strained to say she looked at the Bill and pleaded with her eyes; he nodded and quickly knelt down next to me and bit into his wrist shoving it into my mouth despite my protests. My body shook violently as I coughed up white foam before everything went black.

I woke up on one of Fangtasia’s couches hearing the heavy pacing steps of who I could only assume was Eric. “Eric?” I asked quietly knowing that he could hear me perfectly. The older lady next to me put on a pair of gloves, “Who are you?” I asked her.

“I am Dr. Ludwig what’s your…” She said as she touched my back. I cried out I watched her pull her hand back. A strong calloused hand came to stroke my hair I wanted to lean into it but I still could not move.

“O-Olivia Stackhouse.” I said weakly. “This must be what the victim of a Komodo Dragon feels like.“ I joked not knowing how on the nose I was about it.

“Well that is what the poison in your system contains; the bacteria that makes their saliva deadly that is.“ She said.

“What? But I wasn’t bitten by a dragon.“ I said very confused.

“This poison is similar but more efficient. I’ve never seen it before, but I know what I’m doing. Now you need to leave so that I can remove her clothes.“ She informed. I looked at Eric and fear but quickly covered it up trying not to let my fear show. He left very hesitantly. After Dr. took my clothes off she started to pour something on my back burned like a mother fucker.

I screamed in agony while my sister tried to restrain me keyword tried. Eric ran in looking pissed.“Stop you’re hurting her!” He yelled and anger.

“Hold her down!” Dr. Ludwig commanded still pouring the liquid on my back. Eric rush forward grabbing my shoulders and holding them down as I struggled in pain and screamed. Then the pain subsided. “You can give her blood now her body should accept it.“ Immediately Eric bit into his wrist and pushed it into my mouth I moan a little and grabbed his wrist weakly loving the sweet taste of my mates blood.

“Eric how dare you…“ Sookie started but was cut off by Eric growling loudly; when the wound closed I could feel my skin stitching itself back together. He stroked my hair as if trying to get me to fall asleep.

“Nice try but you’re not leaving me.“ I said kind of upset.

“I wasn’t planning on it princess.“ He grabbed his jacket off the back of a chair and draped it over me before picking me up and heading for his office.