Mistake

Angelica

It was one thing to sleep with a man over twice your age but it was another thing when he was some of your best friends' father. What was worse than that? When you stayed for three days after and do domestic shit while having sex with that man at night. What was even worse? The fact I have had the biggest crush on this man for far too long.

I just let myself give in to what my damn heart wanted instead of my mind. Was this just another sex only relationship? Like what I had with Thomas in high school? I wanted it to be more but what was George's intentions with me? I didn't know but I still shifted on the bed and got up on my elbows to see Washington's face.

I crawled up and kissed him gently to wake him up, I wasn't exactly wearing clothes at the moment but I could care less. George woke up slowly and I smiled, "Good morning." I mumbled, "We should make pancakes."

George nodded and we got out of bed together for the third time. I threw on one of his shirts, it had the American flag over it which I thought was pretty cheesy. I followed George down to the large kitchen after throwing on my black thong, yes, a thong, I came here three days ago with the wish to have sex with George and now here I am. There was a lacy bra in here too since I had a matching set.

George got out the pancake batter and I got the pan and we switched for him to spray it and I began to mix it in a mixing bowl, "You know there's a lot we haven't said." George said after a few moments of comfortable silence.

"Like what?" I asked and moved my body with the bowl being stirred, "Why do you have to speak in riddles? You don't have to show me your age, you know, your wrinkles and frown lines remind me enough." I walked over when I was finished with the batter and poured a small bit for him to began to make into a pancake.

George rolled his eyes at my teasing and looked over at me so I grinned, "A one night stand doesn't last three days." He told m before looking back into the pan as I felt myself stiffen, "So what's going on here?"

I took a deep breath and put the mixing bowl down, "Well, that depends on you." I replied honestly. I couldn't be satisfied with just this, I could be content with these last three days but I couldn't be completely happy. I grabbed the mixing bowl again, "See, I've liked you for awhile now but if the feeling isn't returned then this'll end here and we'll never bring it up again." I told him.

George flipped the pancake, "I see..." He looked to be in thought and I stayed silent for him to think, he needed to figure this out for him and me. I mixed the batter again to busy my hands since I felt uneasy and it was a way to get over it. A few minutes later George spoke again, "Well I'd be lying if I said I wasn't attracted to you but I'm not sure how I'd feel mentally since I still love my late wife."

I nodded, "Well if it helps, I accept that I won't be your number one." I had thought it through many times and I was okay with it, "I know that nobody can replace a person's first love entirely and I don't want to replace your wife. If, this is a big if I'm not pushing it, but if we did get married in the future and then died and went to the afterlife as husband and wife, I would understand that you had to go to your first wife from there. However, my feelings won't go away no matter how much I try so I have decided I don't care. A life with you would be fine for me and even if we break up I will be happy to know I tried since there have been many times I didn't." I thought back to the time I had a crush on Alexander and then Thomas, both times I gave up. I gave Alex up because I knew Eliza liked him, then John got with him, and with Thomas, I decided I wanted to stop.

George nodded and looked over, "I have said I liked your maturity the most, right?" I nodded as that was something he had reminded me of over and over, "We can, at the very least, try." He finally said, "There's no harm in trying, right?"

I nodded and kissed his cheek gently, maybe this wasn't a mistake? I was nervous for sure and gave him more pancakes when he finished his. I didn't pay attention to the batter which was going faster and faster, instead, I tried to find the right words in my mind to explain to my friends and family of what I was doing. I'm not sure if I love this man, I'm really not, but I do have a sort of crush on him and my affection runs deep so whatever the case may be the truth is I find nothing wrong with what I'm doing anymore.

Will this hurt some of my friends? I'm not sure. It could make Laf and Alex feel weird, maybe the twins will have something to say, or maybe they will find this a sort of betrayal since I never told them anything and have entered a relationship with their father figure. Who knows? However, focusing on the here and now seemed to be the best option.

"Finished," George declared and held two plates up, "Let's go to the table." He said and headed over as I grabbed the syrup and agreed.

I sat across from George and looked into his eyes, as I did I realized I was doing the exact opposite of a mistake.