Godparents

John

Well, it took a shit ton of apologies to Alex and a statement to the police but we get to go home with Frances Eleanor now! I really don't regret charging in and Alex keeps asking questions like what if I did and saying I could have died but I know. I could've died but I'm fine with dying if it means Frances Eleanor doesn't, no matter what I need to keep her safe. I've only felt the need to keep somebody absolutely safe this strongly with Alex before but now I had Frances Eleanor too and I love her, I love her so much.

I don't really remember much from point a to point b but soon I was at home with Frances Eleanor and Alexander though Alex was in the kitchen on the phone while I held Frances Eleanor on the couch, playing with her. Her giggle was so perfect and she liked it when I wiggled my finger in front of her

"Let's go get you dressed," I decided she needed a change in outfit since she's been in this for who knows how long, "And let's free the curls." I carefully took her ponytails out and in response, she shook her head before looking up with her big eyes, "Now your hair isn't stressed." I told her.

"Bah," Frances Eleanor replied and I chuckled before agreeing with whatever she said. I stood up and jogged up the stairs to the nursery where her clothes were. When I put her on the changing table she made a noise of confusion before I took her socks off which prompted her to giggle and kick her feet all about.

"Fuck you're cute," I booped her nose and she tried to grab my finger with a wide grin, "Okay okay. It's time to get out of that." I pulled the white dress she was in off and then changed her diaper since she was in one of the cheap ones that cause rashes. When she was naked she screamed in laughter so I ticked her feet making her flail.

"DA!" She shouted in her laughter and I smiled harder. When I released her feet she put her fist in her mouth and rambled, "Da da da da."

"Yep, that's me. Dada." I kissed her cheek before pulling a greenish blue dress onto her, I thought they'd match her eyes but when I pulled her arms through the armholes I realized her eyes were darker, "Damn." I then put a hat with a bow on her and she grinned again, "So you're going to meet the rest of your family today. How do you feel about that?"

"Bwaaa..." She actually looked thoughtful for a moment before shouting, "MALUB!" So I laughed and picked her up in a spin making her shriek.

I then sat down in front of a dollhouse and grabbed a Shrek doll because Shrek is life. I handed it to her and immediately she began to press the button that made it say assorted phrases from the movie, "So you like toys that make noise." I mumbled.

"YAS CHILD!" I spun around as Tori entered the room, "Agh! She's already familiar with the meme! This is my favorite child!" She grabbed Frances Eleanor and sprinted out of the room before I could react.

When I did I stumbled to my feet and shouted after her that she can't just steal my kid but when I made it to the living room I saw everybody was here. Maria and Peggy were on the floor with Susan and everybody else sat on the couches and love seat. I took a moment before looking at Maria and Peggy and saying, "I wonder if Susan and Francis Eleanor would like each other?"

"Oh my God yes we should see!" Tori handed Francis Eleanor to Peggy who sat her in front of Susan, I think they were sort of similar in age. I mean, Francis Eleanor is four months while Susan is about nine months.

Susan could already crawl so she crawled over to Francis Eleanor and started to pat her legs making Francis Eleanor squirm, "I think they like each other." Maria concluded when they slowly started to show signs of getting along.

"They're so cute," Alex said as he walked in and pulled me onto the couch with him. I grumbled something about having my baby stolen but I don't think anybody was listening, "So we haven't really talked about it but somebody has to be her godparents."

"Oh! Susan needs godparents too! I totally spaced!" Peggy smacked her forehead and Susan, hearing her name, screamed at her moms making them laugh while Francis Eleanor looked slightly scared from the noise.

"Well, how about you sort that now?" Washington suggested and I looked at Alex who shrugged in response.

"Well...how about Laf?" I saw the Frenchman stiffen up in my peripheral, "He's always been like a really fuckin' good friend of mine and he's like your brother so...it just makes sense I guess." I looked at Laf, "If that's okay I guess."

Alex nodded and turned to Laf, "Yeah, you're somebody I trust a lot and you've protected me from people like my biological father and you've just always been there for me. So would you be Francis Eleanor's godfather?"

Laf nodded instantly, "Of course!" He picked Francis Eleanor up who was being crawled all over by Susan, "She's so cute! I will teach 'er French too! Bonjour petit. Je t'aime." He kissed her forehead and she grabbed his facial hair, pulling so hard he squeaked.

"Aw," Alex chuckled and then motioned to Tori, "And she should be her godmother! I mean...we've been through a lot and she's always there when we need her." Tori looked shocked for a moment before snapping her hands and flashing us with finger guns, "Also she's weird and amazing and awesome so yeah."

I laughed, "Okay. Laf the godfather and Tori the godmother." In response, she swiped Francis Eleanor from Laf and blew raspberries at her before bursting into laughter when she tried to copy her.

"And Francis Eleanor knows about the memes!" She shouted and put Francis Eleanor on her hip, "Shrek is love, Shrek is life."

"Oh my God," Nate grabbed Francis Eleanor and Tori pouted before plopping next to Susan and clapping until Susan began to clap too.

"Oh, and for Susan, we were thinking so..." Peggy glanced at Maria who smiled and so she looked over at Angelica, "We want you to be her godmother. We couldn't really decide between you, Eliza, and Jane so we decided that since you've done so so much for me and Eliza and you were the oldest so we decided it should be you."

Angelica nodded and slid off of the couch, taking Susan from Tori and puffing her cheeks up to make her giggle, "Well I'd be happy to be my beautiful little niece's godmother." She said.

"And," Maria smiled before turning around to Washington which sort of shocked me since I hadn't thought of him because he's like Alex's dad and parents aren't really chosen as godparents but I guess that doesn't apply to Peggy and Maria, "Because you're...you helped me so much and took me in and you're always there so if it's okay we would like you to be her godfather."

Washington nodded and Angelica waltzed over, plopping into his lap with Susan on her own lap, "Couple godparents." She grinned and Washington nodded again, kissing her cheek and then Susan's forehead.

"Of course I'd love to be her godfather," He said formally until Susan grabbed his nose and he began to make baby noises at her.

We laughed at them before Theo and Eliza came back with toys which they put on the floor and then we began a sort of Hunger Games but with Francis Eleanor vs Susan and instead of weapons they fought over the toys.