|Chapter 1.Determined!|

*Guys most of the story is in Nandini's POV as its her revenge. So i want to put her perspective*

______________________________________

Present Day

I promise... I promise... I promise...
I had awakened as the words from my past rang in my ears. It was something I had repressed deep within my mind, but for some time now I have been having this reoccurring dream.

It is the most painful memory I possess, one I had no intention to relive. Even today I still remember his exact words. His every word had cut through me like a dagger. I do know that those words, his words have molded me into the person I am today.

I am no longer the traditional, quiet, and innocent Nandini Murthy. I have become an argumentative, sophisticated, and modern woman. His words have changed me not exactly for the better, but not exactly for the worst either. In those awful moments of heartbreak I learned a lot, more importantly I learned to never let anyone take advantage of me ever again.

My take on love completely changed. I used to believe that love and trust go hand in hand. I can't seem to find myself trusting anyone completely, let alone give my heart away. I gave it away a long time ago only to gain rejection from the one I loved. I can't risk feeling vulnerable anymore. So obviously you can tell now that I no longer believe in love anymore. I vaguely remember the feeling of being in love with him, which is probably because the pain I received was greater than my love for him. I always felt like I lost a part of myself that day, along with my love.

After surpassing so much misery, today I head an entire fashion house and interestingly enough so does he. I know this because he has made many waves in America, but now he has come back here, to India after 5 years. So it's no surprise that soon enough we will be working with one another. I would have gladly rejected the offer, but somewhere in my heart I wanted to come face to face with the man that had broken my heart so many years ago.

Well that and My father asked me to merge the company with my competitor. Why would he do such a thing, you may ask... well it's because my father is friends with Mukesh Malhotra, his father and they think that if the two best fashion houses get together our designs will be by far the best in the markets. My fashion house has already undergone construction to fit his employees as well as mine. In any case, I don't really like saying no to my father, so I accepted the proposal... whoa wait not proposal, bad choice of words umm I'll go with offer! Him and proposal... ugh NEVER!

Today, all I feel for him, is pure hatred and a desire for revenge, nothing more. Not becoz he rejected my proposal it's becoz of the way he rejected. Maybe I would have let this hatred pass through me had he not become the Casanova he is today. Yes, he has conformed to his ways of being a heartbreaker.

He is quite a famous personality nowadays, as am I though I don't like to brag as much as him. He is on the television for some reason or another, mostly for his return to India and making everyone proud for his excellent work in America. Why wouldn't he be, after all he is the owner of a major fashion house, not to mention has several other large corporations under his belt, well his father's belt.He is filthy rich with the body of a Greek God and killer looks, which makes him the most wanted bachelor in India.

You would think with the reputation of his womanizing behavior, women would stay away, but I guess money does talk. Anyways what gets me the most is that he is still quite proud of the fact that he can get any woman he desires with the snap of a finger.

It's the worst feeling in the world to know that the man who has wronged you, continues to wrong other women as well. Sure, I make him seem like the devil, but really is he anything less than Shaitan himself? I think NOT! Nevertheless, my point is that he didn't change his ways, but he did change me instead. He changed my personality completely, but never bothered to perfect his own faults. For that, I had promised myself years ago that I would make him suffer through the same pain I went through and now it is time to fulfill that promise.
I know by now, I sound like a broken record... but it's the story of my life.

Setting these thoughts aside, I finally muster up the courage to get out of bed after that horrid dream. I set foot into my shower to ease away the pent up anger and aggression I am feeling for him at this very moment. As the warm water touches my shivering soul, I feel the anger melting away. I can't let myself dwell on these thoughts for long because they only seem to infuriate me further. Today is no ordinary day at the office either, today I would be meeting him face to face. For years now I have only seen him on television about how well his fashion house is running in America.

The moment I saw his face five years ago on television, I recognized him immediately feeling hurt seeing him so happy, so carefree, and so proud. I quickly throw on my bathrobe carelessly as I step out the bathroom, hugging to comfort myself in the process. I walk into my closet and pick out a short white skirt with pink flowers imprinted, along with a pink and black blouse and black knee high boots.

I lightly apply some blush to my creamy skin and lightly apply kohl around my eyes to enhance the beautiful light brown orbs of my eyes, batting my naturally long eyelashes when I'm done

I lightly apply some blush to my creamy skin and lightly apply kohl around my eyes to enhance the beautiful light brown orbs of my eyes, batting my naturally long eyelashes when I'm done. I style my thick dark brown hair with loose curls giving it that wavy look. Passing through my bedroom, I look into the mirror as his words ring into my ears, "have you looked in the mirror, shakal dehki hain aaine mein... ek dum behenji laagti ho!" I smirk as if challenging hisstatement, thinking, "Watch what this former behenji does to you Manik Malhotra... just wait and watch!"

Preview: Their meet.

********

I hope you all liked it! Will continue if the response is good🙂. Next one is surely interesting update. Do share your reviews!

#Lots of Love,
#SD