|Chapter 24. In my Destiny|

Five days later, I feel a bit agitated that Malhotra's will be there at the mehendi. Whatever happened to the traditional mehendi's where the boys weren't allowed in! Those were the days…sigh… My mother comes in, bringing me out of my thoughts. She places my lehenga on my bed. She walks over to me and taps my cheek lovingly, while leaving the room. I smile faintly and watch her leave. I then leave towards the bathroom to have a quick shower. When I get out, I walk over towards my bed to have a look at my lehenga.

I pick up the choli and notice there is no back, but string ties instead. Well I guess its easier to take off and not ruin my mehendi. What a shame that would be! I put it on and ask my mother to help tie the back. When I was fully dressed, I sit in front of the mirror lightly applying my make up and finally the jewellery. At this point, the hairstylist arrives and styles my hair up in an elegant bun using very few pins. I throw my dupatta over my shoulder and walk out the door. The mehendi is being held at our house, considering that I am the bride.

My mother comes towards me as I make my way down the stairs. She ushers me towards the chair where all the mehendi artists sit. She forces me to sit down, while I wait for the guests to arrive. Navya and Cabir enter through our mansion. She makes her way towards me and sits down in an empty seat next to me. She is the only one that sees the anger underneath my false exterior. She gives my hand a sympathetic squeeze, while I faintly smile. The rest of the guests arrive except for the Malhotra’s. With that thought, Manik enters the premises accompanying his parents.

 With that thought, Manik enters the premises accompanying his parents

Their attire

Abhimanyu, Mukti, and Aryan follow them trying to settle down Aryan. He sure is a hyperactive child! He is cute, but very energetic. Aryan runs over towards Manik and holds him around his leg. Manik stops walking and looks down and grins at his little nephew, who is holding him captive. Manik picks him up and says something in his little ear. I, of course can't hear since they are across the room. Manik starts pointing at me, while Aryan nods excitedly. They both start approaching me, while I watch the happy little kid playing in his arms.

Manik towers over me and then crouches down. Manik says, "Nandini meet my little champ, Aryan! Aryan, this is your Nandini Chachi" He nods, but looks super excited. Aryan happens to be only three years old. Manik whispers to him and Aryan quickly places his hand out in front of me. Aww he wants me to shake his tiny hand. I take his little hand into mine and shake.

I say, "Hi cutie! How can you stand being in the arms of your very bad Manik Chacha? He is very mean right bacha?"

Aryan laughs and claps his hands saying, "Yes! Manik Chacha bad!"

Manik looks at him shocked and says, "Aryan! Manik Chacha is not bad, she is bad Nandini Chachi!" My mouth drops open, while he grins.

Aryan shakes his head and replies, "No, Nandini Chachi is good!"