|Chapter 22.Alone with him?! |

Five days pass, meaning it is the day of my engagement. Luckily, my mother didn't allow me to go to work since there was so much to tend to. I didn't have to see him for those few days and for those few days I was relatively happy. Well, as happy as I can get considering I still have to marry the guy. I hear a loud thump on my door and I pull the covers over my head. I hear it again, only louder. I yell, "COME IN!" I hear nothing for a few moments and then feel my covers being pulled away from my face. I try grabbing for them, but find nothing. My hand wanders in the air for a while until it touches soft skin and rough stubble. I open my eyes and jerked up quickly to meet Manik's intense grey eyes. I back up, hitting the backboard behind me. He continues to come closer. I manage to say, "DAMN IT! I wasn't suppose to see you until tonight! Manik leave me alone!" He laughs and says, "You know I can't do that sweetheart!" I push him away and get out of bed. I fold my arms across my chest and tap my feet expectantly. He laughs and leaves out the door saying, "Get ready!" I open my mouth to ask, "Where are we...", but he already left. I groan and shut the door to get ready. What's the point to fight it, my parents will force me to go with him anyways.

I come down stairs wearing one of a decent dress, atleast they can be of my choices..... not like my to be husband!... Huff!

I hear whistling as I enter the living room

I hear whistling as I enter the living room. It is Manik, who is whistling while sitting next to my father. I blush from embarrassment. I mean honestly you don't do that in front of a girl's father! Certified jerk! That's so wrong! Manik puts his hand out for me to hold onto him. I look at him like he has lost his mind, while he glances towards my father. I sigh and link my arm with his, walking out the door towards his car.

While in the car, I start to get annoyed. I mean he has not even told me where we are going! For all I know I could be getting kidnapped, well I guess it beats marrying him! Oh I'm really excited now... NOT! I turn towards him and ask, "Where the hell are we going?" Manik smirks, "Patience my dear, all in good time!"

Half an hour later we arrive at the airport. I look towards him grinning widely, "OH MY GOD! You're leaving the country! THANK YOU GOD! I'll get your bags"

He laughs, "Sorry to disappoint but I'm not going anywhere sweetie and neither are you!" I slump back down in my seat. Before I can question further he simply says, "It's a surprise so don't bother asking!" I sigh and get out of the car, trailing behind him slowly. We stop at a terminal and I start to get bored. Manik looks at me quite amused while I stare at my nails like I'm fascinated. He laughs and I snap, "Something funny?" He laughs, "Yea... YOU!" I groan and smack him over his head, while he pulls me into his body. He wraps his arms tightly around my waist while I struggle to get loose. I yell in his ear, "Manik LET ME GO!" He just continues to grin like a buffoon.

I hear a distant shout, "Nandini!!!" I turn to look in the direction of the noise and see Navya running towards me. Manik releases me and I look towards him gratefully as I run to Navya. I give her a big hug and exclaim, "I missed you soooooo much Navya!" She grins, "Me too!" Manik and Cabir come over towards us after we get that out of our systems. I say to Cabir, "I hope you took good care of Navya!" He grins and pulls Navya in his arms, kissing her forehead, saying, "You know I did Nandini!" I smile at the love their share between them. They are seriously too cute!