|Chapter 31. Weird|

It's been a couple weeks so far and Manik is finally getting discharged today. He has been getting on my last nerve as he tries to find ways to make me talk to him. I've decided to give him the silent treatment as a form of punishment for acting like an idiot and also for kissing me. I'm not sure which I'm more upset about, the stupidity or the kiss.

As of now he is acting like a child and I have to force-feed him. Manik says, "Nandini please talk to me. This is crazy! You haven't talked to me in a week!"

I put the spoon near his mouth and basically shove it in. He pouts, but quickly chews the nasty hospital food. I think the food itself is probably punishment enough, but the more the better. That ought to teach him not to act like a hormonal maniac.

Just then, Armaan enters the room and I quietly move around the room to give Armaan space. Manik watches me move quietly and Armaan seems to notice the awkward silence in the room.

I stand next to Armaan and ask him, "How is he doing?"

Armaan takes off the stethoscope and responds, "He is in perfect condition." Armaan turns to Manik saying, "So buddy ready to go home?" Manik looks at me sadly and mumbles, "Sure."

I realize Manik is just upset I'm not talking to him. He probably thinks that I will distance myself further from him when we are back to the hotel. I'm not even sure myself how I plan to behave with Manik after we leave the hospital.

Armaan looks at Manik strangely and then says, "I'll go get the discharge papers ready."  I nod and watch Armaan leave the room.

Manik just stares at the ceiling and slowly mumbles, "You talk to Armaan…" Oh my God, Manik is jealous! He is so immature at times. I shake my head and walk out the door to go fill out the paperwork. As I pass by the room, I look through the window to see Manik still looking at the ceiling.

Armaan hands me the papers while I sit down. He sits next to me as I fill them out. Armaan turns to me and says, "Nandini can I ask you something?" I nod and carry on filling out Manik's information. He continues, "Is there a problem between you and Manik?"

My hand stops writing and I look at him slowly. He elaborates, "I've been noticing for the past week that there is so much tension between you two. It doesn't seem like a small petty fight either, but something more serious. Even though you two are physically in the same room, mentally it seems like you and Manik are miles apart. Is everything okay with the two of you?"

I look down and reply slowly, "Yeah Armaan we are fine."

Armaan places his hand on my shoulder and softly says, "Nandini don't lie to me, if you don't want to tell me then that's fine. I know we aren't as close as we once were."

I look at Armaan, whose eyes are begging me to tell him what's wrong. I sigh, "Armaan I just… I don't know. There are things from our past that I can't seem to forget."

Armaan asks, "You mean when you two broke up?"

I nod, "That and other things… I could never forgive him for the pain he caused me 8 years ago. He was my first love and… he betrayed me. I can't let that go no matter how hard I try. I came into his life to get revenge Armaan, but instead I was forced into this marriage. Even now that we are married, we don't share that type of relationship even though I know he has changed… I do care about him, but love… I don't know…" When I look up, I see him looking straight ahead and then he turns towards me.

He nods and scratches his head saying, "Nandini I need to talk to you about something so could you come by my place, today at 7. Don't tell Manik, it's sort of private… I need your opinion about something."

I look at him unsure and then nod, "Yeah sure." I then hand him the discharge papers and we walk back to Manik's room.

Armaan says to Manik, "Alright Manik, you're finally all set to go. I know it took longer then expected though. Now while you two are still here in Switzerland, you guys have to visit my place for dinner alright, maybe sometime this week?"

Manik says, "Yeah of course..." Armaan says his good-byes and quickly leaves. Manik then looks at me and I help him up. He softly mumbles, "Thanks…" We gradually walk out of the hospital. I help him into the passenger seat and then I drive towards our hotel. Manik keeps staring out the window, while I glance at him a few times. It's so weird … well only because he is always glancing my way in the car.

We soon arrive and make our way inside. We don't say one word to each other on the way to our room. I slowly open the door and let Manik walk in. I help Manik to the bed and he comes hesitantly. I obviously couldn't let him sleep on that sofa. I pull the covers over him, while he continues to stare at me without blinking for a second. I turn to look at the clock to see it is 6:30 p.m. I remember that I had to meet Armaan, so I walk towards the door grabbing my purse.

Manik asks, "Where are you going?"

I turn to Manik saying, "I'll be back soon." I shut the door leaving Manik in deep thought as I make my way to meet Armaan.

*******

Your predictions?!

I know thats short one, but I'll update next one very soon :) .