|Chapter 20.Seized |

*I dont remember what names I have given to MaNan's parents.
From now it will be Ranvijay(Manik's dad) and Raj(Nandini's dad)
{Pardon me,I have bad memory with names🙈}

I see him, sitting on my couch, eating my food, and talking with my parents. It was Manik Malhotra along with his mother and father. I slowly approach my parents as they acknowledge my presence, "Nandini Beta, come sit." Manik looks towards me surprised and then has an evil glint in his eye. I stand there uneasily under his gaze. Then I greet his parents and begin scanning the room for an empty seat. The only seat that is empty happens to be next to Manik. I groan inwardly and make my way to sit next to him. Our parents just look towards me and smile widely. This seems a bit odd to me. I can also feel Manik's piercing gaze on me, yet I refuse to look.

Instead, I look towards my dad as he says, "The Malhotra's came over since I wasn't feeling good today. Ranvijay, you are too good of a friend you know that? You're so busy nowadays handling the company in my absence, but you still took the time out to see how I'm doing."

Ranvijay Uncle replies, "Nonsense Raj, what are friends for? You need to take care of you're health, that should always comes first!" I add, "Ranvijay Uncle is right Dad! You have to start taking care of you're health. You have to be more responsible. I'm not going to always be there to take care of you." He smiles, "I know that Nandini."

Ranvijay Uncle cuts the silence short by saying, "Now that we are on that subject, I hope you won't mind me asking you something Raj." My father laughs, "You can ask me anything, you know that! Now stop with the suspense and tell me already!" Ranvijay Uncle responds in all seriousness, "I would like to ask for Nandini's hand in marriage for Manik." My father starts to beam brightly and looks towards me saying, "I would love to have Manik as my son-in-law! What do you say Nandini?"

My eyes are wide in shock. My head snaps to face Manik, who has a huge smirk plastered over his face. Questions begin to surface my mind as I comprehend my situation better. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?! WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT FROM ME?! DOES GOD WANT ME TO COMMIT SUICIDE?! My thoughts are somewhere along these lines.

Everyone is staring at me to respond and I feel Manik's hand lace into mine. I open my mouth to yell out, "FUCKING HELL NO!!", but before I can he interrupts me. He says quickly, "Uncle, Aunty would it be alright if I talked with Nandini for a few minutes."

I shoot him a secretive evil glare, while my father responds, "Sure Manik Beta! Nandini why don't you take him to you're room." I unwillingly get up and start muttering random curse words under my breath. I walk faster up the stairs trying to keep myself distanced from him as much as possible. He eventually gains on me as we enter through my bedroom door.

He plops himself on my bed, laying there quite relaxed in his black suit. He is wearing a red button up shirt with the top buttons undone. I look away from anything that may become a distraction.

I just lean against my wall, while he continues to lie on my bed. He grins, "So Nandini, ready to be Mrs. Nandini Manik Malhotra?" I spat, "Are you out of you're mind? Do you think I'm on crack, that I would marry you?" He laughs, "Sweetie, I already told you that you are marrying me, end of story!" I smirk, "You can't make me do anything Manik, I'm not some kind of puppet!" He smirks back, "Oh, I can make you do all sorts of things Nandini! I told you before and I'll tell you again, I never lose Nandini...never!"

I ask confidently, "What makes you so sure you'll win?" He grins, "Because I never learned how to lose and I don't plan on learning. I'm sure you'd like to know why I'm so confident right?"

I fold my arms over my chest and nod. He reaches inside his suit's pocket and pulls out an envelope. He throws the brown envelope onto the desk next to me. I pick up the envelope, not sure of what to expect. I put my hands inside and pull out the papers. As soon as I read the header, I drop the papers on the ground in shock. The papers read 'Pregnancy report' at the top and I didn't have to read the rest to know that it was indeed mine. I look up to see Manik staring at me quite confidently. I try to deny as I stutter, "H-How d-did y-you g-get t-these?" He grins, "Let's just say I've got some connections and I'm a bit of a stalker." My mouth remains open as I feel completely at a loss of words.

He begins to advance towards me, while I stay rooted against the wall. He comes in front of me, while I ask, "What do you want from me Manik? Why are you doing all this?" He whispers, "For my own sweet revenge Nandini! It gives me immense pleasure to see that being with me is a punishment for you. You see, being with you is enjoyable for me. So it's like a win-win situation! What's not to love?" I harshly say, "I'm not going to marry you Manik!" I turn away to walk out the door.

He calls behind me, threatening, "Fine Nandini. And I'm sure you're parents will be excited to hear about being grandparents, don't you think?" I freeze on spot. He approaches behind me, placing a hand on my stomach to caress. He continues cruelly, "I'm sure you're parents will love the idea of their only daughter having a child before she was married." He scrunches up his face looking at my disgusted expression. He says, "Why you don't think so Nandini?... No? Yeah, I don't think they will be too happy about it either. Especially you're father Nandini! Will he be able to handle that kind of embarrassment?"

I angrily say, "You wouldn't!"

He smirks, "Wouldn't I, Nandini? Come on you know me better than that, give yourself some credit! I can go to great lengths to get what I want."

I stand there completely shocked at how he is playing his cards. He is totally in control and there is nothing I can do.
He continues, "Now the way I see it is that you've got three options! Option One, marry me and have the baby.Option Two, you don't marry me and I end up telling you're parents about your pregnancy. This one is going to get messy since the parents you love so much will probably end up throwing you out of their lives. Also, you're father has a weak heart, so it's not wise to put him through that! And finally, Option Three, you can try having the baby aborted, but the key word is 'try' because there is no way in hell I would let that happen to our child. Along with that, I plan on telling your parent's everything anyways! Now if you ask me I would go with option one, but that is just me! So now, what will it be Nandini?"

I just walk out the room without responding to his ultimatum. A lone tear escapes my eye, while walking down the stairs. I am about to seal my fate, but there is no other way. He has finally cornered me and I see no hope for escape. He did what I feared would happen, catch me when I least expected it. He is right that if my father found out about my pregnancy, I would endanger his health. Nothing is more important to me than my father. I would sacrifice my life for my own parents and that was just what I am going to have to do. As soon as I enter the living room, Manik falls into step with me. I close my eyes acknowledging what I am about to do as I let the words escape my mouth, "Yes, I'll marry Manik..."

◽◾◽◾◽◾◽◾◽◾◽◾◽

Malhotra knows how to play😈