|Chapter 29. Date|

Its true that we tend to realise the importance of person when they are gone!

After waking up and getting ready, Manik and I head towards the mall. Being in the fashion industry, I loved shopping. I am taking my sweet time while trying on these clothes and Manik gives me advice. The first couple of times he seemed enthusiastic about getting a chance to express his opinions. Now he just looks utterly bored as he stares into space. Looking at his bored expression makes me chuckle while he turns to glare at me. I start laughing hysterically and he starts to mumble under his breath. Eventually when my shopping spree ends, I walk to the car. I turn to see Manik nearly tipping over all the bags I'm making him carry. It's not my fault he wanted to marry me so badly now is it? Husbands are made to do this stuff anyways, you know manual labour.

We drive in silence because both of us are exhausted. As we walk back to our hotel room, Manik says hesitantly, "Nandini…"

I turn to look at him and reply, "Yeah Manik."

He asks slowly, "Do you want to go to a restaurant with me for dinner tonight?"

I start to think it over and it seems innocent enough. I reply, "Yeah sure, BUT it's not a date!"

Manik laughs at my serious expressions, "Of course not sweetheart."

I cock my eyebrow asking, "Did you just call me sweetheart? I'm not you're sweetheart Manik!"

He starts mumbling, "We'll see about that…"

I turn to face him screaming, "WHAT?! Manik do you want me to refuse to go to dinner with you?!"

Manik laughs, "Are you scared of being alone with me Nandini?"

I grind my teeth in a warning tone, "You know I hate it when you challenge me! Manik why are you trying so hard to get on my nerves!"

He grins, "It's fun." This is quickly followed by him saying, "Okay, okay I'm sorry I won't annoy you."

I roll my eyes, "Like that's even possible. You're mere existence annoys me."

He raises his eyebrow saying, "I can be worse, but for you're sake I'll refrain from bothering you. Happy?"

I reply dully, "Very." I guess everything good always comes to an end. I knew it was too good to be true that Manik could act like a normal human being from now on. I guess it is just too much to ask.

We quickly get ready to go out for dinner. With Manik acting like his old bothersome self again, I didn't want to go to dinner with him. What if he does try something? He said he wouldn't, but is it right to trust him after all that's happened between us? I put these thoughts aside and decide to give him the benefit of the doubt. I pick out a maroon gown that I just bought today. It hugs my curves as if it is custom made for only me.

 It hugs my curves as if it is custom made for only me