|Chapter 14.Proposal😳 |

The following morning I decide to call in sick at work. I can't get myself to get out of bed to see Manik again. It's way too weird and awkward for me, especially since he declared his love for me and I'm suppose to break his heart in the end. I lounge around in bed, knowing that no one else is in the house. I reluctantly get up and go downstairs to watch some television on the couch. I start feeling a little hungry so I go into the kitchen and look into the fridge. Then I open the freezer and take out the box of ice cream. I don't know why I want to eat ice cream, but I guess it is just one of those days. I watch some random comedies, hoping those would cheer me up. Eight hours and four movies later, I'm in an every crappier mood than before. Okay so maybe romantic comedies weren't the way to go. Stupid couples and their stupid love stories. I look into the empty carton of ice cream sighing. Looks like I'm going to need some more ice cream. I get up to head over towards the kitchen again, until I hear the door bell ring. I open the door and it looks like I can't even get a break for one single freaking day! I cannot believe my luck!

I hope I don't have to tell you that Manik is standing outside my door, I mean I think that's a given when I start cursing my luck. He is wearing black dress pants and a white button up shirt with a few buttons left undone. It looks like he just came from the fashion house.

He looks at me a little confused, which makes me confused as well

He looks at me a little confused, which makes me confused as well. He asks, "I thought you were sick?" My eyes grow wide and I say quickly, "I was sick in the morning, but now I'm feeling better." Manik grins, "That's great!" I unwillingly usher him inside the house since he is standing outside expectantly. He sits on the couch and I slowly sit next to him, trying to keep a distance between us. An awkward silence fills the air. He turns to me and says, "So guess what I found out today?" My paranoia kicks in and I feel a little anxious. I ask worriedly, "What?" He grins, "I'll tell you, but I want to show you something first." I reply uneasily, "Sure." He smiles widely, "How about you go get changed out of your PJ's and then we can go." I reply sceptically, "Umm okay..."

I rush upstairs kind of curious as to what he wants to show me. I slip on a light pink and white flowery dress and lightly do my makeup.

 I slip on a light pink and white flowery dress and lightly do my makeup