|Chapter 25. Shattered|

"Let's understand that no relationship is perfect,sometimes things will be hard for us, so hard that it starts to suffocate, sometimes we might even think to give up on each other, but I want you to understand this too that that's how relationships grow stronger and stronger, that that's how trust become deeper, thats how our love will be forever. We will pass every problem that will come in our lives darling, because we were meant to live together. I see you as my future.
I see us together Forever and Humesha."

(I wrote this ese hi, and it is completely unrelated to chappy! 🐣
______________________________________

The car comes to a halt and I look around to see we are at the hotel instead of at the Malhotra Mansion. I wipe away my tears angrily and scream, "What the hell are we doing here?"

Manik says secretively, "You'll see, now come on!" I look at him like he has lost his mind and fold my arms across my chest. He sighs, dropping his head against the headrest behind him. He slowly turns his head towards me and says, "Nandini, it wasn't my idea okay! It was my parents idea for us to spend the night here, now come on."

He gets out the car and opens my passenger side door saying, "Don't make me pick you up!"

He inches closer and I point my finger at him, warning, "Don't you dare touch me!" I get out the car in frustration and we go up in the elevator. It is quite awkward going up in the quiet elevator with only the two of us. Soon we arrive at the top most floor and Manik opens the door to the beautiful suite.

I walk in hesitantly and look around the room to see candles lit and placed along the walls.

There are maroon and white drapes over the canopy bed with silky maroon satin bed sheets. There are rose petals tossed all over the floor and on the bed. Soft music plays in the background as a gentle breeze passes through from the open window. I see that Manik is nowhere in sight, he must have went to explore this gigantic suite. Good riddance!

After looking around the suite for a few minutes, I go over to close the window because I start feeling chilly. As soon as I close it, I hear a husky voice from a distance saying in a depressed tone, "Nandini..."

I turn around and to see Manik looking apologetically at me. My anger starts to rise again as I see him. He say, "Nandini I'm sorry..."

I narrow my eyes and bitterly say, "You're sorry? That's all you have to say for yourself? Do you think that I will forgive you for forcing me into this marriage by a simple apology? It's not that easy Mr. Malhotra!"

I turn around in anger and hear him say, "I'm not sorry for making you marry me Nandini, but I am sorry for how I made you marry me..."

I refuse to turn around and he continues, "I love you Nandini, but you don't seem to understand or rather don't want to believe it. You're giving us both heartache by staying away from me. I know you're just as much in love with me as you were eight years ago, but you'll never admit to yourself. I can't change what I did in the past Nandini, I can only hope to change in the future for the better..."

I snap, "You forced me to marry you Manik, how can you say that you changed? You're still the arrogant jerk you were back then. I just hurt your ego, and you wanted to make my life a living hell because of it!"

He spins me around holding onto my arm tightly saying, "Why don't you understand I love you dammit! You mean the world to me! Even though, you gave me so much pain, I can't stop loving you! You're on my mind, in my heart, and I can't just let the best thing that happened to me walk out of my life. I know it's selfish of me, but life without you won't be worth living! You wanted me to suffer alone, but I know that you're suffering too! I just need you to know that no matter what happens I'll always love you. I know that there will be a day, when you will not regret marrying me, but that day isn't going to be today..."

I look at him unsure of where he is going with this speech. He stands in front of me looking weak, sorry, and full of regret. His head hangs low almost as if he is gathering courage to reveal something. He slowly brings his eyes to level with mine and says, "You're not pregnant Nandini..."

My eyes grow wide in shock and my anger reaches an all time high. As soon as the words start to register in my mind I yell, "WHAT?!" He doesn't look surprised by my reaction. I walk closer to him and hold onto his sherwani shaking him, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT MANIK?"

He grabs my hands to stop me from shaking him and says, "You're not pregnant Nandini!" He walks over to his coat pocket and takes out a yellow envelope, throwing it on the bed. He says, "Those are the real pregnancy reports... Kunal Kapoor is a friend of mine and he owed me a favor. He made false reports so that you would think you're pregnant. It was the only way I could corner you into marrying me"

I look at the papers clearly stating the results are negative for pregnancy. I stutter, "No you're lying! I-I was having m-morning sickness..."

He looks at me with guilt and says, "I placed vomit inducing medicine in your food at the office. Think about it, if you were pregnant with my child, why would I drop you so many times during the sangeet... You're not pregnant Nandini... I'm sorry for everything"

I glare at him angrily as tears stream down my cheek. I walk towards him, anger written across my face. I slap him across his face and yell,""HOW COULD YOU LIE ABOUT MY PREGNANCY? I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR THIS! I'LL ALWAYS HATE YOU MANIK AND YOU WILL NEVER SEE THE DAY I FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU, NEVER! YOU'RE DEAD TO ME MANIK MALHOTRA! NOW GET OUT!"I storm across the room and yank open the door. He looks at me sadly, as he holds onto his cheek saying, "I'm sorry" while leaving out the door.

I shut the door and press my back against it, sliding down to the ground. Tears roll down my cheek and I bring my legs closer to my body so that I can bury my face against my legs. I wrap my arms tightly over my knees and sob violently. I rub one hand over my stomach, where I thought my baby lived. I can't believe he would do something so inhumane, I expected a lot of things from him, but never this. He likes playing with people's lives. He forced me to believe I was pregnant and made me face a dilemma I was never in. Some would think I should be happy that I'm not pregnant, but instead I feel like my baby just died. The only thing that kept me going is my precious child, but now I have nothing to live for. My child was never inside me to begin with, yet my mind refuses to reason. My heart hurts the most; my heart completely trusted Manik, but he shattered it into a million pieces. He continues to give me even more pain than before and I didn't even think that was possible. All he has ever given me is pain, and that's all he is ever going to receive. He will never be happy with me, I'll make sure of it!

______________________________________

(Some people already guessed it right! )

Precap- Manik's POV 🐣