|Chapter 13. Misleading him |

I wake up the following morning feeling rather warm. My hands run up and down in confusion, trying to figure out what's around me. It's very soft and smooth, that's all I can figure out without opening my eyes. My head is hurting from all this thinking. Then this thing that's around me starts to move. I get even more confused asking myself when I got a pet, but then again this thing lacks animal hair. So it's... a human, who is completely invading my personal space. That must be arms that are tightly wrapped around my waist and then I feel a soft kiss pressed against my silky hair. Someone mumbles the words, "I love you" in the deepest and huskiest voice, practically whispering the words.
OH MY GOD! Yeah that's when the realization dawns upon me. I start to feel scared to even open my eyes and acknowledge who this person is that keeps molesting me. Okay fine it's probably not molesting and well I can deduce it's not rape because there would be absolutely no cuddling of any sort! His hands are on my bare waist, which are bringing tears to my eyes. I'm not wearing anything! Images flood my mind as I feel his hands draw patterns on my bare skin. HOW COULD I HAVE DONE SOMETHING SO STUPID? WAS I ON CRACK? ...never mind I WAS DRUNK! WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?! THAT'S RIGHT I WASN'T THINKING, THAT'S THE PROBLEM!! MOST IMPORTANTLY, HOW COULD I HAVE LET MY FIRST TIME BE WITH HIM? Wait... did he just say I love you? Oh crap, what the hell am I suppose to say now? I mean I cannot possibly break his heart right now considering the fact that I'm not even wearing clothes! Think Nandini THINK!!! I got it...

I open my eyes slowly, preparing myself for confronting this horrendous situation. He smiles looking into my eyes and softly presses his lips against mine. I suppress the tears, which threaten to fall as he kisses me. I can't push him away because it will ruin my plan! I'm completely helpless! I try not to let him notice my sadness. I look into his eyes searching for answers, wanting to know for sure if he has truly realized the essence of what he has just revealed to me. He looks at me lovingly and smiles, "I love you Nandini."

Before I can even think of a response he says, "Shh... you don't have to say anything at all! I just want you to know that I love you. I know you already know of the kind of man I once was... I was a Casanova, a player. I never cared about the girls I was with before, but you Nandini... I don't know what it is about you that makes me want to be near you, close to you. You have this fire within you and this passionate soul. You're different. You challenge me in ways I have never imagined and I love that you keep me in line. There is something so mysterious about you... you're an enigma. I'm enchanted by your spell Nandini, as cheesy as that may sound, but it's true I do love you Nandini. Now you may think it's too soon for me to be in love with you and believe me when I say I was surprised myself, but I just know that I am. I just wanted you to know how I feel about you. I have no intentions to ever break your heart! You don't know how much you mean to me and I hope that one day you will feel the same for me..."

Uhh... now what the heck does a person say to that! I'll take suggestions, seriously anyone? Anyone at all? Okay, no I can't forgive him! And no, I can't break his heart right now because I still don't have my clothes on! Think about it how awkward would it be to tell him off, break his heart, and then get dressed in front of him while he gives me death glares or maybe something even worse. Hmm looks like I'm on my own on this one...

I look towards him and lean closer, giving him a brief peck on the lips. Yes, I know not the exact reaction you were looking for, but I have decided to play along for a while. This would have gone down so much better if I had my clothes on! He seems pleased with my kiss, but doesn't seem satisfied. Before he can pull me underneath him, I jump out the bed grabbing onto the black silky bed sheets and dash to the bathroom with my black dress to get away faking a giggle.

As soon as I enter, I sigh in relief knowing that I at least got away from repeating the same mistake over again. I feel so helpless because I can't yell at him for what we did since that will look very odd. I'm so confused, I don't understand how I could have let that happen? I despise him so much, so how could I willingly sleep with him? I turn on the shower and enter, letting the tears finally escape my eyes. I feel so ashamed that I slept with Manik. It's not even the fact that it was Manik that matters, it's the fact that I slept with someone before marriage. I can barely remember the details, which I guess is a good thing. He completely robbed me of every precious moment a girl is entitled to, including this. I completely I dishonored my parents and broke their trust. I may have become more modern over the years, but this was something I had firmly believed in.

I wipe my tears and step out of the warm shower to look in the mirror. I notice my bloodshot eyes and then look away. I quickly put on the black dress again and then step out the bathroom when my eyes clear up. Manik yawns and whistles while he looks at me. I grind my teeth and watch him get out of bed. He comes close and gives me a peck on the cheek before he goes in the bathroom. As soon as he closes the door, I wipe my cheek furiously, making it turn red. I groan knowing I surely have myself in a tight fix. We eventually head down and thank the old man for letting us spend the night, although I really wish he hadn't let us stay. I would not have been in this mess if it weren't for him. Oh great, now I'm blaming the poor old man! Ugh I hate my life! We soon get back to Mumbai after a couple hours. Manik drops me home and I just force a smile. He slightly frowns since he didn't get a goodnight kiss, but doesn't complain or protest.
I quickly get inside my house and greet my parents feeling quite guilty about everything that happened without their knowledge. What happened with Manik was the biggest mistake of my life, bigger than falling in love with him eight years ago. I feel the need to let all my anger and stress out, but I have no outlet. I can't go to Navya because she is on her honeymoon. I can't trust anyone else besides her! I really do have trust issues!

Sometimes I feel like I have nothing to live for in all seriousness. I've learned not to ask if things can get any worse because they can!
The only thing I have to look forward to is that my twenty-sixth birthday is the day after tomorrow. Manik has totally and now completely ruined my life, I bet he will ruin this too. I really feel like I'm the one sabotaging my life on purpose. What the hell was I thinking when I had decided to have my revenge? I'm so messed up in the head! I need some sleep to figure out that the heck I'm suppose to do now. I slowly go up the stairs and into my room, contemplating my next move. Little did I know I wouldn't need to think that hard because things would soon fall into place.

*******

Is Manik genuine, considering his confession?

Was Nandini's reaction justified?

Lots of love❤❤