¤ End the Threat ¤

¤ ¤ ¤

¤ ¤ ¤

Valerie Press

The vehicle quickly came to a halt as we finally arrived at the side of the lake, and a nostalgic smile crept its way onto my face as I regarded the scenery in front of me.

The lake was the very place where I sought cheap solace as a pup whenever I took the hit of my father's wrath.

Pained and lost.

I could remember myself being at a young age floating above the rippling water, letting it aimlessly drift my body around as I took in the sight of the grey sky that hovered above me.

Beta Reed would be the one to frequently haul me back into the land whenever I drifted off too far into the lake, and he would never cease to call me a reckless female.

Although I never really saw him walking around the area, it seemed that he loved to hang out at the lake as well, but he abruptly stopped when he became a juvenile and became more preoccupied trying to build up his strength.

"Let's go, Alpha Azeil's waiting," Beta Reed's voice broke me away from my reverie as he shut off the engine. Shooting a glance on my way, he hopped off the truck with me.

I followed closely behind him as we began our short walk over to the group of werewolves a few meters ahead of us.

Looking down at my feet, I scowled.

As a pup, I had always loved the saturated ground beneath my bare feet, but now being an adult and wearing a good pair of shoes, I had come to hate the sensation of my heels dipping into the wet soil.

"Alpha Azeil," Beta Reed called out as we neared our approach.

Standing with power and authority, Alpha Azeil let his grey eyes cast upon my figure to point judgment against my skin, and he feasted his sight upon the werewolf that once had the power to rip him off of his title.

I shoved my hands down into the pockets of my coat as I took a few more steps to stand beside the Beta. Looking up, I let my eyes meet the Alpha of my pack, expecting only the look of displeasure to cross over his features upon my presence.

As if smelling the air that carried my scent, his lips quickly formed into a tight line, and wore a look that showed nothing but pure distaste.

He could not sense the wolf lurking beneath my skin, and he felt livid for the crime that I had committed against the blessing of his Almighty Moon.