¤ Carnal Pleasure II ¤

¤ ¤ ¤

¤ ¤ ¤

Amidst my inward turmoil, the door creaked open, slowly revealing Killian with a look that harbored all his concerns, yet underneath those eyes of his, was a yearning meant only for me.

He was breathing through his mouth, afraid to spoil himself with the very scent that invited him in.

"Where have you been?" I questioned him. I wanted to keep the situation between us as casual as possible, yet my voice had shifted on a lower tone that sounded unintentionally seductive.

I felt my throat bob when he closed the door behind him, his built physique tense underneath his clean white shirt.

It was like he was willingly making himself the prey, caging himself with a predator that held no mercy.

But who said he was the prey?

A growl had escaped my throat, displeasure clearly etched on my features when I didn't get an answer from Killian.

I was frustrated and I didn't know why. The silence between us was deafening, yet the both of us harbored a noise in our head, and it was the foreful scream of our nature urging us to submit to what we were made to do.

By then, my skin was buzzing from the pull Killian had on me. I allowed myself to take one step and then another, until I was standing closely in front of him where his smell was enough to consume my senses.

The more I breathe, the more I consumed the drug that he really was.

And I harbored every bit of greed to take it all in.

A crack began to form on the mental barrier against my primal desire, threatening to fall apart for Killian so he could have me completely.

His nostrils flared, jaw setting tight as he let his hooded eyes burn through me, and I let him see what intention I had for him.

The heat rolling off of his body was clinging to my skin, and it was enough to tamper with the conscience that I was beginning to lose.

I hooked a finger over the belt loop of his jeans, angling my head to the place where his neck and shoulder met before breathing in his smell as an attempt to soothe the chaos ruling my mind.

"Don't make me ask you again," I snarled, my threat failing to reach Killian as a displeased growl from the wolf beneath his skin escaped his throat and forced my shoulders to curl forward in submission.

It didn't like being challenged.

"Valerie," Killian warned with a struggled tone in his voice.

My hands travelled up and beneath his shirt, my palms skimming the smooth skin of his waist, and he sucked in a harsh breath from the contact. His head dropped, cheek rubbing against the side of my head as I chose to continue my onslaught.