¤ A Deal Made ¤

¤ ¤ ¤

¤ ¤ ¤

Valerie

"You want me to what?" Heath's features soured as he reached behind his back to pull his shirt over his head before carelessly tossing it to his bed.

Upon my request for his time, Heath had insisted me to talk to him back at his home where there were no eyes to witness my intentions. Other than that reason, he wanted to change into a cleaner attire after a rough morning combat spent with his older brother.

Heath's home was scarily disorganized. His bed was left unmade, littered with several cans of beer that had probably been there for more than a day, as his table held numerous amount of cards and cigarette butts. I nearly gagged at the sight of the sink in his kitchen where there were piled up plates that seemed as if they had been disregarded for a long time.

Turning around to grab the clean black shirt from the chair, Heath gave me a clear view of his back that had a large image of the sun permanently etched on his skin, its beautifully drawn rays moving in sync with the ripple of his muscles, and the illusionary sight alone put me in awe.

Heath looked over his shoulder to catch me staring at his tattoo and smiled, ending his show by swiftly sliding on his shirt and hiding his skin from my eyes.

I had just contributed to his growing ego.

"I want you to help me break Killian out of his cell," I repeated while he took a seat in front of me. He leaned back on his chair, drawing his legs apart as he pushed his dark golden hair to the back of his head.

"And this is where I question your intuition," Heath chuckled while shaking his head. "I'm the Beta's brother, Sweetheart, and doing that would simply be treason."

"Five nights, Heath, that's all I ask. It's enough to give me the chance to be familiar with him."

"Valerie, you're planning to set that thing free, not just for a night, but five. You don't know what he's capable of, he can slaughter half of the pack in their sleep, including you,"

"I know the risk," I hissed. "And I'm taking it, for the sake of actually finding out who and what Killian is, and it's something that our Alpha has failed to do."

Heath ran his hand over his face and clenched his jaw. "So, you're risking hundreds of families for your curiosity? That sounds promising."

"He'll be weak when he gets out. I have a drug that matches the dosage with Killian's body, and it's enough to keep him... stable. He gets out weak, he comes back weak."

"This thing that you're planning, Valerie," He raked his hand through his hair, a habitual gesture that he had always done whenever he felt frustrated. "It's taking a risk that can get us killed."

"I know that that's why I'm willing to make any form exchange," I told him and I nearly cringed at the sudden glint within his eyes after I gave him my offer.