¤ Shame Welcomes You ¤

¤ ¤ ¤

¤ ¤ ¤

How I thought that a Beta's younger brother was worth my own trust had brought me only punishable consequences.

And now I was going to bleed for Heath's betrayal.

I lowered my head when I heard the Alpha wolf's bones snap, fur replacing skin as I remained kneeling in front of him.

I gritted my teeth as I waited for his judgement, my shame curling itself tight around my throat and preventing any more words from escaping my mouth.

His growls refused to cease as I locked my entire body down into a position that suggested my own submission, conpletely surrendering myself to the Alpha that had witnessed my wrong.

I flinched when I heard another person enter the area, and I looked up to see Emma with features that bore her dread. Her hair was stuck in different directions, eyes glossy and red as she looked at me hopelessly.

I smiled at her reassuringly, "It's okay, Emma. Go back to your sister."

Emma's face further paled and opened up her mouth to speak, but no words managed to roll off of her tongue. The Alpha let out a laugh as she choked on her words, and I turned to look at him questioningly with my eyebrows furrowed.

"Go back to her sister?" Alpha Azeil sneered with a dark glint passing over his gray eyes. "She came here to have you caught and witness it herself. Isn't that right, Em?"

A grim look had overtaken my features, shoulders slumping as I looked back at Emma and waited for her oncoming truth.

"You told them?" I questioned, refusing to believe that she had done something against me.

Emma sobbed, her guilt washing over me as she stood weakly by her Alpha with her shoulders hunched and her posture rigid as if she was ready to crumble at any second.

"I did."

Even the person closest to my heart could betray me.

It was her all along.

It was ironic how Heath was much more skilled at keeping a secret despite holding himself with great mischief.

I clenched my jaw and closed my eyes before turning my head away from her, "You're no friend of mine."

"Valerie, please," Emma winced. "I told them because I wanted to keep you safe. You don't know what he is, I was just trying to protect you!"

"Stop," I spat. "Don't fucking talk to me."

"I w-wanted to keep you safe, I-"

"Enough," Azeil snarled at Emma and looked over at the newly arrived men that stood closely behind them. "Take Valerie to the main grounds. Tie her up."

"What?" She said with a tone that was laced with horror before turning to her Alpha and landing a tight grip on his arm.

"You promised me you wouldn't hurt her,"