Tests

The water trailing down my body turned pink when it fell from my hand. Eventually, after some serious scrubbing, my hand returned to its natural [S/C] color. My clothes were immediately left to soak in cold water to get rid of any droplets I might've missed.

Now, however, I feel much more relaxed. Though I had initially been worried that a lawyer might need to be involved, it turns out all I need is a demon who doesn't want me to get caught. I smile as I dry off, throwing on a t-shirt and some sweatpants. Grabbing my laptop, I sit on my bed, opening YouTube. Again, I choose not to watch Markiplier out of respect for Dark helping me out earlier.

Instead, I find a random series of Top 10 videos, almost immediately falling into what I like to call "The Top 10 Void". You know how when you're watching one Top 10 video, another one that interests you will pop up? That's typical when watching YouTube. However, another interesting one will appear... and another, and another. Then, there'll be a time when two interesting videos show. You'll pick one. When you finally reach what you think is the end, you'll remember that one video that you didn't click on. You regret not watching that video, and decide to find it. The moment you open that video, the cycle repeats itself.

Anyways, that's what I got stuck in for about an hour and a half. Finally, I decided to go to bed when I noticed that it was midnight. I go to the bathroom and do my nightly routine, then head to bed. 

For a long time, I don't fall asleep. In fact, I hardly feel tired at all. But, inevitably, the relaxation and static position causes my body to fall half asleep, just unconscious enough to be called "sleeping".

After an indefinite amount of time, Dark enters my room, easily waking me up. I'm groggy, but fairly lucid. Still, I don't feel tired at all. When he appears, he walks to the side of my bed, standing over me ominously. I slowly turn onto my other side so that I'm facing him, looking up into his somber features darkened by the lightless room.

"Why are you here?" I question, in a hoarse voice. My throat had become dry with disuse. Rolling his eyes, a cup of water appears in his hand and he hands it too me.

"Please don't speak when you sound like that." I finish about half of the cup, then set it on the dresser beside my bed.

"It's like, super late, isn't it? What do you want?" I continue my asking.

"You're not actually tired, are you?" he responds, seeming mildly annoyed.

"I mean... not really, but you've kind of thrown my sleep schedule off."

"Yes... We'll assume that, for now. What I wanted," he quickly digresses, "is to take you somewhere."

"What? W-Why?" I sit up at this, forfeiting any attempt to sleep and staring at him in disbelief. "Where the hell do you want to take me at this hour?"

"I just have a few tests I need to run," Dark replies, putting his arms behind his back. I continue to look at him suspiciously. "I need a few questions answered."

"If you have a question, just ask–"

Before I can finish my sentence, he's already taken me to the cement room I've been in a few times before. I'm sitting near a wall. Looking around, I see Dark standing next to me while looking across the room.

"What the hell, Dark? I'm still in my pajamas!" I huff, rising to my feet.

In the center of the room is a single man. He's holding a knife and his eyes are closed. He faces toward me, but remains still besides the slow rise and fall of his chest. The weapon is extremely odd; a stunning silver blade formed into an organic shape coming to a spearhead at the point with black lining, encased at the bottom with an ornate obsidian handle bedazzled with shining onyx.