Chapter #1

We pulled away and I just felt the slightest tug of his arms around my waist but I pushed him away from me. I looked down at my shoes, feeling kind of silly now, and tucked my a loose curl behind my ear as a thick silence stopped me from speaking, "Heather?" he asked.

My head snapped up my meet his gaze, "Yeah?" I asked with hope weighing my voice heavily. 

"Do you remember?" He croaked.

Tears pricked at the rim of my eyes, I nodded my head slowly, pressed my lips together to keep in a sob, but everything just crumbled as soon as his eyebrows furrowed and his eye widened in concern, "Yes." I cried into my palms.

He engulfed me in another hug, "It's okay," He cooed and he gently rocked us back and forth as I cried into his shirt. He pressed his lips on the top of my head, a gesture that made my heart swell, "Why didn't you tell me?" he asked softly, all anger thrown out the windows. 

I shook my head ever so slightly, "I didn't want anything to change." I croaked.

He sighed, "Okay... Well, do you want to come at my house? Tomorrow's Saturday anyways." he suggested, to which I simply gave him a small smile.

***

As we stepped into his house, I asked in a small voice, "Are your parents home?" 

He shook his head, "No, I don't think so."

It was quiet in my room, but his house was dead silent, I felt like I had to be quiet and my muscles were all bunched up under the tension and any movement was painful, I was so nervous, and... scared?

"What about Maya and Nathan?" I asked about his siblings, carefully looking around me. 

He sighed, "Umm, Maya's at her friend's place, and Nathan is always out and about." There was a silence, the same silence that made me uncomfortable, "Sooo, do you want to watch a movie?"

"Yeah, sure." It came out in a small voice and I wanted to slap myself for being so timid.

He just told you he likes you! I cursed myself. And all you can do is be shy! I wanted to kiss him again. I wanted to feel his lips on mine again. I had never kissed anyone, but when his lips came into contact with mine, it was soft, it didn't hurt, nor did he knock my teeth. 

He dusted his pants, "Alright, then let's go. Shall we?" He leaned over and held his hand out for me, I cautiously slipped my fingers into his palm, and he was quick to interlace them together.

I walked at a slower pace down the hallway, he gave the occasional tug when I walked too slowly for him, and it made my heart jump every time he did. We made it into in the TV room and I sat quietly onto the couch. He crouched in front of the TV and looked through a DVD drawer, "What do you want to watch?" he asked.

"I don't mind, to be honest."

He frowned a bit, "Okay... how about Pacific Rim?"

My head snapped up, "Are you serious?"

He scratched his hair, "Yeah?" he chuckled.

I felt it was important I also propose a movie, "Yeah su—oh wait no. Do you have Suicide Squad?"

He nodded slowly, "Yeah."

"Okay, let's watch that." I ended the conversation quickly and a wicked smile grew on my face.

He frowned and it made me giggle, "Why do you want to watch it so bad?" he squinted his eyes.

I shrugged, "No reason." But a giggle escaped again and the smile slapped across my face was the cause of my undoing.