Chapter #11

I looked at him with a hollow feeling in my chest. Gulping, I didn't know what I should do, since all he was doing was acting like he didn't have a care in the world.

If I moved, would he pounce on me? I asked myself as I kept completely still.

Like a deer in the headlights, the thoughts I wanted to unleash in the privacy of my room were chained like rabid dogs. They snapped, barked, and clawed for release, but the chain around their necks chocked them and they remained chained to their post. It felt like he might not be happy if I just marched up to him and began kissing him. I wasn't shy, per-say; I was worried he would think I was only interested in kissing him.

Ethan watched me carefully, as he anticipated my next move. But I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of a thrilling chase.

"No reason." I shrugged, "I was just tired." The reality of things was that my heart was pounding against my ribcage and I was so excited to have him so close to me. It's only that a part of me felt like Ethan was my night in shining armor, and I felt like it wasn't right for him to save me so that I felt happy.

He didn't say anything, and that worried me more than it was supposed to comfort me. I looked away, and walked over to my wardrobe and pulled out a pair of leggings.

"I'm going to go change." I informed him quietly as I went to the bathroom to change.

In the bathroom, I frowned as I did everything. "What the hell does he want?" I whispered angrily to myself although deep down I was happy he was ecstatic he was here.

I pulled on my leggings and left the bathroom, when I came to my room, I saw Ethan resting his back on my headboard with his ankles crossed. He looked at me smugly.

I glared at him, "What?" I asked as I grimaced at him and looked him up and down.

"Nothing." He replied as a smile played on his lips.

"'Nothing'." I mimicked him and as I was about to start complaining, he laughed.

He laughed... he laughed a wholehearted laugh, that came from his chest, projecting out his mouth. I watched him in awe; captivated by how relaxed he looked as he laughed so much he had to hold his stomach.

I walked over to my bed as I watched him clutch his stomach as he laughed even harder. A smile made my lips twitch, "What's so funny?" I asked him, "What's so funny?! I want to laugh too!" I shook him, hoping he'd stop, but he didn't. "Ethan!" I whined, "Ethan, I want to laugh with you too!" I whined as I shook him again and he started catching his breath.

His eyes were watery; as he wiped them he let out a couple of chuckles.

"What's so funny?" I asked again, smiling at how ridiculous he could be.

He chuckled, "Nothing, I just remembered how you'd do that all the time."

That was it? I was curious as to why that was so funny, but I just smiled and sat back, tucking my legs beneath me and comfortably nestled my hands between my thighs.

I smiled at him, as I looked at him with a sense of wonder stirring in my tummy. Ethan stared at the ceiling, as he was sprawled across my bed. "It's not even that funny..." I murmured.
Ethan's head snapped at me and his eyes locked with mine and I felt my stomach drop at how intensely he could look at me.

I breathed a little harder, blushed and snuggled into the pillow he threw to the side, "You're so fucking adorable." He sighed dreamingly.

"WHAT?! I didn't even do anything!" I piped giggling into my palm.

"Maybe to you it's nothing, but to me, you're fucking adorable." He smiled, winking at me. I planted my face into my pillow, "Don't do that." It came out muffled, but he heard it.