Chapter #13

I went to sleep, thinking of how I was going to act around Ethan tomorrow.

Maybe I should just ignore him? He doesn't talk to me anyways, and if he asked me to say something because it was weird that I was quiet, he wouldn't listen to me anyways.

My phone buzzed, but I simply glared at it as if it would silence it. I sighed and stared back at the ceiling blankly as I lay on my back. I couldn't believe this, he knows I like him; he can't possibly be dumb enough to talk to another girl that is clearly interested in him if he was actually serious when he told me he liked me.

So... he kisses me, and then invites me for a weekend 'with the guys' and a couple of my friends, for what reason exactly?

I groaned into my pillow because I was so confused. I didn't know what to do and I just wanted to stay in my room for the whole weekend and forget about these things until Monday. I hoisted myself out of bed, turning on the lamp on my bedside table, creating a dim glow in my room. I walked over to my dresser, pulling open my drawers, and crossing my room to my wardrobe, as I grabbed a duffle bag, and started packing the clothes I had laid out on my bed. The more I started adding into my duffle bag, the more revealing my clothes became. My shorts turned to booty shorts, a normal t-shirt become a couple of tank tops, then crop tops...

I'll make him pay, as I squinted at my clothes like they better do their job at making me look good, when in reality it was about me feeling confident in them.

I tugged at my scarf, as it had started tightening around my neck, and then I placed a pair of leggings in my bag. Zipping close my bag, I went to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror blankly... The scarf adorned on my neck made me so uncomfortably warm that I unwrapped it from my neck, and I wondered what I had done to deserve such a disgusting mark on my neck.

I tilted my head, inspecting the hickey with precision.

I should have fixed this shit before it got this bad...

I started wondering why I was dumb enough to like someone like David and then not confront him about it back then. All he did was bully me for not liking him... and I had no other choice but to date him if it would stop everything. But when I broke up with him before summer had started, and at prom, he lost it, now he's completely lost.

You're a fucking idiot, I thought to myself, I should have let him rot in his own loathing.

I swallowed the lump in my throat, as I wrapped my neck once again. Shaking my head in disappointment as I picked up my toothbrush and toothpaste.

***

"God, I hope this weekend is worth it." I huffed to Lucy as we walked up the stairs to from the busses.

"What do you mean?! You're gonna have fun! And if it's not for you, then have fun for me!" She exclaimed.

I breathed a laugh, as we continued up the stairs. Nodding, I smiled, "Yeah, okay." And my smile grew wider.

It will be fun, I told myself one more time before we reached the top of the stairs, we both looked back, and saw Annabel holding the railing, panting, "I can't do this guys. It's too much!" She panted.

My head rocked backwards as I laughed, "I can't believe you still haven't gotten used to these, we go up them everyday!"

"Yeah, but I have so much to carry!" She cried.

"So? Do you see me complaining?" Isabel retorted in a snarky tone, as she passed Annabel, carrying three large books in her arms.

Annabel glared at her, closed her mouth and breathed through her nostrils, which made them flare out a little as her chest heaved up and down, "Don't even talk to me, I don't need that kinda negativity in my life." She put her hand up as if to tell Isabel to 'talk to the hand.'