Chapter #3

I woke up the next morning to a golden light streaming into the room, bouncing off of the walls, illuminating everything in the room. I stiffened when I remembered last night and what I had done. A smile crept on my face, and I looked over my shoulder smugly. I saw Ethan sleeping on his tummy, his face turned away from me, the covers pooled at his legs. I watched his back raise up and down as he breathed.

What am I going to do? I asked myself as I looked at him in awe.

For sure he'll have to understand... and if he doesn't? Then I'll have to push him away. I can't have him beg for anything just because I'm scared. I frowned after that. I didn't know how to explain how confused I was, and out of confusion, I got angry.

I mean, how hard is it to just have a clear answer? I asked myself, frowning even more.

I huffed, and sat up, turning back to the edge of the bed. My feet dangling off, and I sighed as I looked around curiously. I looked back at him, and slowly slipped off the bed and walked to his wardrobe. I opened it as quietly as possible, snapping my head back when the hinges yawned a bit as I opened it.

There were neat piles of clothes and I picked out a grey shirt that I found. As I pulled it over my head, the sleeve hung off my shoulder. I pinched the sleeves, and pulled them back so that my bra wasn't showing too much in the front and looked at myself again.

Somehow content, I padded over to the door and looked back at him. The door was left ajar which left me confused, because I remembered closing it last night.

I gently pushed the door open, and slipped out of his room, walking down the hallway, then down the stairs. I couldn't hear anyone in the house, but as I got into the kitchen, there was a yellow sticky note on the counter.

It read: 'Hey honey,

Your dad and I are out for brunch with Maya and we'll pick up Nathan on our way back! Have a nice day!

PS. please take care of Heather!'

I smiled when I saw this, and went over to the fridge, pulling it open, I bent over looking for something to eat. Spotting the milk, I grabbed it, and looked through the cabinets for anything else. I found cereal, and a medium sized yellow ceramic bowl. I poured the cereal into the bowl, wincing when they jingled in the bowl and chimed as they fell in the bowl, but then I started laughing because Ethan obviously wouldn't be able to hear that!

I started laughing even more, as I poured the milk on the cereal.

"What's so funny?" An amused deep voice asked from behind me.

I froze completely.

"N—nothing." I stuttered, fighting the smile that pinched the corners of my lips.

He looked at me, his eyes twinkling with amusement, "Is that so...?" He asked lowly. I knew he was trying to get me nervous, which is why I deadpanned and rolled my eyes, "Yes." I replied trying to look as bored as ever.

His head went back a bit in surprise of my sassy answer, but he quickly recovered and went back to his normal self. He walked up to me, and I frowned, turning my head away by a centimeter or two. I pursed my lips, looking him up and down. He leaned over, his hot breath fanning my neck, and when I felt him pull down the sleeve of my – his – shirt, I placed my hands on his chest and smiled at him, "Don't play a game you're going to lose." I said looking at him with mischief.

His lips twitched in amusement, which made my eyebrow involuntarily quirk upwards. A smug smile crept on my lips and I went around him, grazing my side against his arm. I went back to my bowl of cereal and picked it up, I sat at the table and watched Ethan as he looked through the cabinets and drawers for food.