Chapter #15

I woke up the next morning, not exactly expecting so much sunlight to be streaming through the curtains. I propped myself onto my elbows and scanned the room. To my left, Ethan slept on his tummy, his face pressed into the pillow, he still looked tired but this time looked at peace with everything. I quietly watched him for a bit, then decided I should go eat something. Something in me stirred with excited anticipation, as I felt like I was ready to take this day down like it was my last one. I scooted to the edge of the bed, and quietly stepped on the floor, walking to the door, and slipping out of the room, without forgetting to catch one last glance at Ethan.

I walked down the hallway and made my way down the stairs. Making a left at the bottom of the stairs, I made it into the kitchen, and to my surprise, I saw Aunt May busily flipping pancakes and making a huge omelet on the side. She saw me walk in, and looked up from the cabinet she was rummaging through, huffing the lose strand of hair in front of her face out of the way. When she saw me, she smiled genuinely at me, "Good morning Sleeping Beauty!"

I giggled, "Hi." I said a little shyly, as I padded over the high chairs by the counter. Hoisting myself into one, I swiveled in the chair, watching Ethan's aunt cook. The comfortable sound of sizzling eggs on a pan was interrupted, when backdoor that led to the forest burst open. I whipped my head around, "Who's tha—"

Seeing an avalanche of well-built bodies had me immediately shutting up as I looked at them in surprise. First Damien walked in, and then the rest of the boys, all sweating and I- I huffed and grumbled to myself, I turned back to May and slumped over the counter, placing my chin in my palm.

"Hi boys!" May greeted, "How was your run?" I turned back to them as I waited for their answer.

They chuckled, and laughed, "Awh, Francis fell in a bush of nettles." Luka chuckled, his eyes gleaming with amusement.

"Fucken' hurts..." Francis muttered, wincing as he rubbed his butt.

Placing a hand over my mouth, I tried not laughing. "What's so funny?" Francis snapped, as he squinted playfully at me.

"Nothing!" I deadpanned at him, but he knew I was just joking.

They all assembled around the excessively long table, sitting on the bench seats at either side of it, as they waited for Aunt May to finish cooking.

"Heather, can you bring this to them?" May asked, handing me a tray with bowls, a large bowl of fruit salad, yoghurt and, spoons.

"Yeah, sure." I said.

Hopping off the chair, I took the tray and went to the boys calmly. They were all pouring themselves juice, tea or coffee, passing around cutlery and taking the plates that were stacked up in the middle of the table.

When the traffic consisting of plates, cutlery and glasses ceased, I noticed they were all looking at each other in amusement. "How was your night?" Luka nudged Francis.

Francis chuckled a chuckle that only indicated that his night went extremely well, and at the idea of it, my cheeks felt a little hot at the topic they were discussing.

Maybe I shouldn't be here... I started thinking, but they didn't seem bothered by my presence, not in the slightest way possible.

I still didn't feel too comfortable, so just as I was about to leave and as I turned around, I hear them chuckle as they spoke in low voices, "Ask her." One said to the other, "No, dude! Ethan's gonna get pissed."

"Just do it!" They whispered harshly.

"Hey, Heatherrrr" They stretched my name.

I felt the corners of my lips rise, "Yeees?" I asked, as I turned around.