ELEVEN

CHAPTER 11
AWESOME, AWESOME

THE months of May and June were warm and pretty

THE months of May and June were warm and pretty. Everything was in bloom, especially with Forks' amount of consistent rain. Margo was happy to see the lilac bushes outside her house sprouting new flowers again. Forks wasn't so bad in spring and summer, even with the rain.

Through the short time span of two months, Margo got to know Jacob Black better than ever before. She would constantly be over his house each week for movie nights; sometimes she'd even bring Melinda. She never thought how well they would get along. They were fans of the same movies and music. There was always a topic for discussion with them, although it seemed that Margo ended every argument with a fact that Jacob didn't know, but he didn't mind. Billy liked her a lot, especially because she got Jacob to explore his ancestral surroundings more. Margo always wanted to see more of the beaches at La Push and learn new history from them. Billy appreciated that, but liked that she also helped Jacob cook dinner for them every once in a while. She was practically part of the family, just as much as Charlie and Bella Swan were.

For the rest of the summer, Margo decided to accompany her aunt on a big road trip in Canada. She had never been, but Jenny had, and Margo thoroughly enjoyed just the thought of being in a place that wasn't Forks. Although she missed her friends, Canada was a change of scenery that Margo was grateful for. The weather was so much nicer – I mean, Margo practically forgot what the sun looked like until she got there. It was warm and beautiful and everything in between. They, of course, visited the one spot Margo wanted to see: Niagara Falls, and it was just as beautiful as the photos. Rainbows almost glistened off the water.

But all good things must come to an end. She started back at school in September, and she was finally a senior. She only had one year left of being a teenager, until she officially entered adulthood, though she would be graduating at seventeen. Thankfully, she applied for early admission last year, and already got accepted into a couple schools. Weirdly enough, the only college she hadn't applied to yet was her dream school. She would soon – she'd have to. Maybe she was just nervous, that's all.

Within the first week of starting senior year, Margo was already swamped with assignments. She had a ten paged Romeo and Juliet essay, a huge AP math packet that was fifteen pages long, and then a photography assignment. All in the first week. Margo found herself staying up most nights trying to finish each one, allowing her to wonder if this was what college was going to be like. She hoped not; she valued her sleep. It allowed her brain to rest. She, thankfully, finished her essay in two nights. She'd try to do her whole math packet and come up with an idea for photography tonight, then exact the latter tomorrow. Hopefully.

Margo pulled into her usual spot in the high school parking lot, slumping against her seat and closing her eyes. She pinched the bridge of her nose. The smell of hot coffee wafted into her nose, and she realized she almost forgot her travel mug full of it was still sitting in her cup holder. She picked up the mug and took a large gulp, enjoying the peace of silence within her car, while people were probably yelling and shuffling to class outside.