TWENTY NINE

CHAPTER 29
HOWL AT YOU LATER

CHAPTER 29HOWL AT YOU LATER

JENNY Fowler was a big fan of normality. She liked living in the closed-off, small bubble. She liked working for most of the week, taking care of the wounded and sick. She liked being tired after a long day and having dinner with her niece. She liked living in the sanctuary that was Forks in general, because nothing ever happened there. Everything was utterly normal.

However, when the Cullens moved to town, her bubble had been popped. Jenny decided not to notice this occurrence.

But it suddenly became clear what was in front of her all along when she spoke with Billy Black weeks ago. She wanted to believe that Billy was just playing a big prank on her, but the sincerity within his voice told it all. Regardless, Jenny was in denial. It took all but Jacob shifting outside the house and Jenny watching from the inside to convince her that her niece was dating a fucking wolf boy.

Not only that, but apparently Margo was somehow Jacob Black's imprint, a.k.a. soul mate. That alone sent Jenny over the edge, due to her niece's young age. But Billy insisted – more like, yelled – that what he was saying was all true and that there was nothing they could do to prevent this situation.

By the end of her talk with Billy, Jenny was ready to believe anything that came out of his mouth. However, when Billy mentioned vampires roamed around town, and one of them was Jenny's very own boss, she just about flipped. The aunt began to scream and shout that Billy Black was "crazy to think she'd believe that." (Her actions alone made both Jacob and Margo cringe in the corner of the kitchen.) But when Billy lined up all the evidence, as well Jenny's own experience taking care of patients with similar wounds, Jenny accepted the harsh reality that her bubble had been popped.

Forks simply wasn't what she thought it was.

Jenny didn't want to accept it all. She wanted her innocent life back, with her innocent family, and her innocent job, and her innocent crush on her boss. But Jenny Fowler wasn't cut out for a simple life – apparently. Everything just had to be over-complicated.

But, as always, Jenny Fowler did what she had to do for the good of her family. She believed Billy's words and the reality before her. The safe bubble was completely trashed. It was depressing, honestly.

Margo tended not to talk about her boyfriend being – you know – part wolf a lot. She wanted their conversations to continue being innocent, but it was good knowing that she didn't have to hide her biggest secrets from her aunt anymore. Jenny didn't like it as much, because all she wanted to talk about was that her boss was a fucking vampire and her niece's boyfriend was a fucking werewolf. But she kept these to herself.

On a normal Monday morning, Margo bounded down the stares, earning a glare from her aunt. Margo poured herself a cup of coffee before grabbing a ripe, red apple and biting into it. She turned to Jenny, who flipped her newspaper around mindlessly, and asked, "Did you know that Australia is the only country that is also a continent?"