THIRTY TWO

CHAPTER 32
IMPRINTEE RULES ON COLLEGE

CHAPTER 32IMPRINTEE RULES ON COLLEGE

FINDING Bella distraught in the second floor girls bathroom was not how Margo wanted to start her day. However, she really didn't want to have that conversation in the parking lot either.

She found Bella sniffling in the handicapped stall, when all Margo wanted to do was blow her nose before class. (It was allergy season and she was feeling a bit congested.) Margo knew Bella's voice from anywhere and cautiously approached the stall door. Bella saw Margo's dirty shoes from her spot on the floor, but she still jumped as Margo knocked on the door. "Bella," Margo said on the other side. "Are you okay?"

Bella sighed loudly before retrieving her backpack from the ground and standing up. Her sneakers squeaked on the floor as she unlocked the stall door. Margo noticed her eyes were a bit red. "Why did he lie to me?" She asked.

Margo looked around the empty bathroom for a moment and turned back to her friend. "Why are we both dating monsters?" She shrugged. "These are questions that can never be answered."

Bella rubbed at the bottom of her nose, causing Margo to hand her a paper towel. "I just don't get it." She adjusted the strap of her bag on her shoulder. "They didn't tell either of us. Boys. Ugh."

"They were just trying to protect us – apparently." Margo replied sluggishly. "I guess I can understand Jacob's point of view. I have been stressing about my speech, and knowing about the multiple monster problems would probably make me stress more ... and now that I think about it ..." She sighed awkwardly. "Depending on my anxiety levels right now, I can understand why he didn't tell me. He didn't want to me to go crazy with finding out the truth of what was going on."

Bella crossed her arms over her chest. "Well, Edward should've told me." She approached the trash barrel and through her extra paper towel in it. Margo still stood by the stall, watching her friend with interest. Bella walked to the bathroom door and held up a stern finger. "And he's going to regret not doing it."

•••

Margo would be lying if she said she still wasn't slightly angry at Jacob for his actions this morning. Even after briefing Melinda on the affair as the last bell rang, her best friend told her she was being ridiculous if she was still mad. Margo huffed, wanting to drag her foot across the ground like a child. Maybe she was just being stubborn, and maybe Jacob had been considerate to not tell her when she was stressed about other matters, but ...

"I'm, like," Margo lowered her voice to a whisper as the two girls made their way out of school, "the imprint. If I'm so important to him and the wolf pack, don't you think I should've known?"

Melinda's dark boots clicked against the linoleum floors. "Well, if you are that important, then yes. But c'mon, Mar. All you've been talking about lately is that you've been stressed with exams and your valedictorian speech. The last thing you needed to know was the problem."