TWENTY

CHAPTER 20
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF
YOUR BOYFRIEND IS A WEREWOLF?

JENNY Fowler was rushing down the corridors of Forks Hospital at the speed of light

JENNY Fowler was rushing down the corridors of Forks Hospital at the speed of light. She almost tripped several times as she ran, but that wasn't of her concern right now. She didn't slow even when she noticed the wet floor sign in the ICU, but it did hurt just a bit when her butt hit the floor. Jenny still got right back up, and began sprinting again to the desired room.

Once she arrived at room #229, she skidded to a stop. Jenny pushed through the two doctors crowding the doorway. "Get out of the way!" She ordered. "That's my niece in there!"

The man on the right, titled Doctor Messel, was the chief doctor. He was Carlisle Cullen's replacement, but Jenny still shoved him out of her way. "Nurse Fowler, there's no need to –"

Jenny wasn't listening as she pushed him off. She found her niece in the middle of the room, sleeping on a fresh cot. A large bruise covered the right side of her forehead, while a bandage sat on the lower half of her face, stretching down from her lip to her chin. Jenny gulped, but then released a sigh of relief. The other nurse with Doctor Messel had vanished, and it was only him who walked in the room moments later. He closed the door and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"It's not that serious, Nurse Fowler," Doctor Messel assured.

Jenny closed her eyes and rubbed her forehead. "I just ..." She paused to gather her thoughts. "I saw my niece's best friend in the lobby, and she told me she was hurt, so I just ... I came straight here. I thought the worst."

Doctor Messel clasped his hands behind his back. "She suffered a blow to the head. That's probably the biggest issue, but I gave her a heavy dose of pain medication for it. She also has a large scratch from the right side of her mouth to just by her chin. We stitched it right up, but it'll scar for sure." When Jenny turned to blink at him with shock, the chief doctor continued, "The girl who brought your niece here – that's her best friend correct?"

Jenny nodded quickly.

"I asked her how all this happened. She told me they were in the woods." Doctor Messel frowned for a moment. "She said a bear tried attacking them."

Jenny's mouth dropped. "A bear?"

•••

When Margo Richards finally awoke, her hands immediately went to her forehead, where a bandaged sat near her hairline. Margo's mouth dropped as her fingers traveled to her lips. Another bandage extending to her chin. Her head whipped to the left, and she was surprised to see Melinda sitting in a chair, staring at her with wide eyes.

Margo knew she was in a hospital bed, but why was the question. She, luckily, still had her same wet clothes on. She had never been a fan of those uncomfortable hospital gowns. As Margo hesitated to ask why she was at the hospital, the reality of hours before flashed before her eyes. She saw Jacob in front of her. She felt the rain coat her skin. It was all gone within a second, and all Margo saw was a large wolf.