TWENTY FOUR

CHAPTER 24
THAT BLOODSUCKER

CHAPTER 24THAT BLOODSUCKER

MARGO figured that her life couldn't get any weirder after finding out her boyfriend was a werewolf. But then she was told that vampires exist too – oh, and her wolf boyfriend is basically her meant-to-be soul mate. Just the thought alone could make any seventeen-year-old have a mental breakdown, and even someone as level-headed as Margo couldn't take the reality.

Regardless, she knew it was something to accept. As difficult as it was to think about, Margo did see her boyfriend turn into a wolf, and she had the scar to prove it. And she did trust him more than anything, so she believed him fully about the vampire problem, not to mention that she had the same conclusion just last year. But the idea of soul mates still hung in the air like pollen. She decided not to dwell on it until graduation, and then she'd be ... gone.

Margo had these thoughts running through her brain as she passed through the crowds of Forks high school. She still held the banana Jenny shoved into her hands before she left. Margo didn't have time to eat it, nor was she hungry. She sighed heavily as she crossed the twisted halls, and eventually walked towards her locker. Pulling out her books and placing them in her bag, Margo then turned to look down the corridor. Her eyes scanned the area from the barrier of her locker, and she spotted Bella Swan leaning against where Edward Cullen's locker used to be. Margo swallowed hard.

"Hey."

Margo blinked quickly, turning to see Melinda frowning on her left. She threw her banana into her backpack, allowing it to become smushed. Melinda slumped her back against the locker near Margo's and sighed with a sad expression. "How's the scar been?"

"Fully healed. Me and Jacob are ... well, as normal as we can be," she added, looking over her shoulder at Bella again. "You seem upset. What's wrong?"

When Margo turned back to Melinda, she saw her friend's furrowed brow. "Embry told me on the phone we can't see each other anymore," she huffed. "He knows that I know a simplified version of what's going on, so he was only allowed to tell me that Sam wanted the relationship to end. That fucker." Melinda wrinkled her nose when she noticed Margo looking back at Bella Swan from across the hall. "You distracted by something?"

Margo spun around again, smiling nervously. "Um – yeah," she cleared her throat. "I know it all sucks, but what Sam's doing is for your own good. Trust me." Margo then shut her locker, slinging her bag over her shoulder as she pointed to Bella with her thumbs. "I'm gonna go talk to Bella. It's important."

"More important than my failing love life?" Melinda exclaimed.

Margo shrugged. "That's for you to decide, Mel."

Once Margo spun back to walk in front of her, she found Bella's eyes resting on her. Bella stood up straight, put on her best fake smile, and waved towards Margo. The other brunette rushed forward as Bella said, "Hey, Mar –"