Chapter 5

Lauren's POV

The drive to my condominium was fortunately quite. It seemed like Camila doesn't want to talk about in front of her little sister whom fell asleep at the back seat. "We are here." I said as I parked the car. When she didn't move, it was then that I noticed she fell asleep too. The ride from her apartment to my condominium took roughly more than an hour. It'll probably be shorter if the road wasn't jam. My place was less than thirty minutes away from school, lesser when I used my bike. If took buses everyday, then her journey should be longer.

I can't help but feel pity but that was something I shouldn't give. For a little time that I knew her, one thing I've found out was that she had a lot of pride in a sense that she'll handle everything in her power and avoid getting help as much as possible. I believe it was also the reason why she kept on turning Austin down. If there's one thing I'm good at, it was reading people and I think it was because I had entered in so many relationships that I gained experience.

There were two of them plus the luggage. It was impossible to carry them both. Going to the back, I took down their small suitcase and gym bag. I wonder how many clothes she was able to fit in those tiny luggage. Then I carefully carried the little girl whom I failed to get her name.

With the little girl on my right arm, the gym bag slung on my left shoulder while my hand pulled the luggage, I gently opened the passenger seat to wake up sleeping beauty. From outside the window, she looked too vulnerable but still beautiful. I felt my crush on her returned as I stared at her sleeping form.

"Camila, wake up... We are here." I slowly nudged her after slowly opening the door.

"Oh... Sorry..."

"Let's go so you can both rest." Fortunately, she complied without a single argument.

"Let me help you with her." She offered. But as she was about to get the child, I refused and told her it was okay. I saw that she was about to argue so I just gave her the luggage. At least it had wheels so she won't need to carry anything.

Upon entering the elevator, I pushed the ground floor which was the only option aside for the other parking levels. "We need to get to the lobby first and register you both. You'll be given a pass that can only access the common areas and my unit floor. The rest should be restricted." I explained and she nodded. It was part of the condominium's policy to have every tenants and visitor registered. The access pass can only access the common areas like the gym, swimming pool, viewing deck and the amenities. Then, it was restricted to your unit's floor. If you stay at the eleventh floor, then your access card can only go to eleventh floor. The other residential floors are restricted. You need to tap the access card in the elevator. Every visitor must also be registered, the duration of stay or if they will be spending the night. It was part of the security and everyone must comply. Prevention was better than cure as the management said.

"This way." I guided her to the management office since they'll be staying with me. Visitors can just directly approach the register. The other side of the building was where the elevator for the residential floors can be accessible. This way, every entry and exit was controlled. "Good evening Lisa! Working hard as ever?"

"Hey Laur... It was such a long time." She blushed a little when she saw me. Let's just say, we had a past. Good thing we still ended up as friends. "What can I do for you?"

"My friend here will be staying with me for a while, I need you to give Camila her pass."

"Okay, she just needs to fill up this form." She then handed us some papers. "We'll need to take their photos too, but seeing that the child is asleep, maybe we could do her tomorrow...
Ms. Camila, if you may just sit right there and look at the camera." Lisa pointed at the already set-up mini cam in her desk. "Okay, done. I'll just make you an access card." She then left us to go to the back to get the needed card. "Same access as yours?" I nodded and she disappeared in the back.