Chapter 28

Lauren's POV

"Goodness... This sucks!" I whispered to my sister who was standing beside me.

"I know right." She agreed.

"I can't even remember how many people mom introduced to me. And they were all guys. Oh my goodness! I'm even more handsome than any of them. Just what the hell is she thinking?" I whined to my sister who was also not happy in this event.

Today was the real thing. This event was one of those times that owners of big corporations get together and do a pissing contest. My dad, who was very competitive was one of them. I could never understand him.

"Can't we go?"

"No... There's an announcement later on. Dad told us specifically not to ditch."

"Very well... I'll go find my friends then."

I went out in the balcony and was relieved to see all of my friends in there. They were looking at some video.

"You got your ass whooped!" Tony commented and Brad's face flushed.

"You want me to hit you with a bottle? Maybe you'll understand? Fuck you!" He answered back.

"Chill guys! No hitting between friends." I said and we all laughed. "Where did you two disappear?" I asked Tony.

"We passed out at the VIP room. Sorry!" That was so like them.

"Anyways, glad you're both okay. Sorry for ditching you." Mani interrupted.

"Nah... It's okay." I assured her. "I want to get out of here."

"You're not the only one." We're all one weird circle of friends. Most of people here in our age were all glued to their parent's hip. Trying to belong. We on the other hand showed no interest in our family business.

James wanted to be a programmer, Tony wanted to be a public prosecutor, Mani wanted to be a veterinarian. She had five dogs, a snake and a lizard. Ally wanted to be a pediatrician. She loved kids. Brad on the other hand wanted to become a model or an artist. I think I'm the only one who doesn't have a goal in life yet.

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please." Was that my dad's voice?

"I think it's the big revelation time."

"Yeah, let's go in. I think that was my dad."

We all walked inside where every one was sitting at their table. We said goodbye to each other and proceed to our respective families.

"What's this all about?" I whispered to my sister.

"I don't know."

Then my father started his speech about this year being great for it business and stuff but I didn't pay any attention. He was just bragging. "And now ladies and gentlemen, it's time for the big step towards the Jauregui's and Mahone's industries." Wasn't that toothpaste boy's company?

Then Mahone family went up the stage. Austin in tow. "Natalie, honey... Come up here." He asked for Natalie and not me. What the hell is going on?

"What the hell?"

"I have no idea." Natalie said as she stood up and walked towards the stage.

Natalie's POV

I'm having a bad feeling about this. My heart won't stop racing as I walked towards the stage.

"It's my pleasure to announce to you all the merger of the Jauregui's Enterprise and Mahone's Industry." Everybody clapped their hands. What the actual fuck is going on?