Chapter 38 (Final Chapter)

Lauren's POV

All the oxygen in my body had been taken hostage when my sister enveloped me in a life threatening embrace. "Where have you been?! Why didn't you call?! We were so worried about you!!" She burst in tears while slapping my shoulder per every time she asked a question. "Answer me dammit!!"

"Shhh.. Hey Natalie.. I'm sorry.. It will never happen again.." I never knew the gravity of my action was this big. But I think it was because it coincides with Austin's death. "Sorry... I didn't think about it. But I'm here now." She somehow calmed down as I promised her to never cut contact again. "I'm so sorry."

"Let me take her..." Mitch offered and I smiled while giving  Natalie to her who leaned on her as she tried to compose herself. "Could you get some water from the kitchen?" She pointed her head to the direction and I nodded.

As I walked towards the kitchen, I can't help but feel something strange. That there's something is waiting for me on the other side of the wall.

The first thing I saw was broken pieces of glass. Then there was a faint sob like someone's crying. I continued my journey and found the person that my heart's longing kneeling on the floor, picking up the glass.

"Camila..." What's she doing here? Shouldn't she be in my condo? Oh no... I broke the promise... "Camila... I'm sorry... I didn't know you are here... Just as I promised... I won't bother you..." Her back was facing me so I can't see her reaction so even if I promised to stay away, I slowly walked towards her, careful about the broken glasses and tried to turn her around.

To my surprise, I received a deadly hug for the second time. "I was so worried..." She started, weakly. "I thought I'd lost you forever." I hugged her back as she buried her face in the crook of my neck. "I thought I'd never get to tell you that I love you too."

My whole body froze. She's not mad at me anymore! She's worried! And she loves me too! I would jump of joy but it seems inappropriate at this moment. "I'm sorry for worrying you. I never thought that it could lead into this. I promise not to make you worry ever again. And I'm really sorry about the bet." I pauses and took a deep breath. "I fell in love with you the first time I saw you and I was just really too coward to be rejected. I've always wanted you and the bet just gave me a great push. I knew it was stupid and I'm so sorry."

"Let's just forget about it."

I gently wiped her tears as I guided her chin up so I could stare into her eyes as I bore my soul to her. "Camz, I love you so much and I'm here to stay for as long as you wanted me."

She smiled at my words and answered with a peck. "I love you too. I regretted pushing you away but I was so hurt about the bet. Let's just start over again."

"I love you..." We both said at the same time. Then slowly, I leaned in and she met me halfway until our lips met. Oh how I longed to taste her lips, to feel it's softness and warmth. I deepened the kiss and our tongue battled for dominance. I let her win at the end. We parted for a much needed air, a sweet smile plastered on her lips.

I was about to lean in again when we were interrupted by Sofia. "Lauren! You're back!"

"Hey there little girl..." She was about to run towards us but I noticed that she was barefoot and I remembered the broken glass. "Don't move... Stay there... It's dangerous..." I pointed at the floor...

"Oh..."

"Go I'll just clean this up." Camila said, I pecked her lips one last time before carefully avoiding the shattered pieces of glass. It won't be good if a piece got stuck in my shoes then I accidentally transferred it somewhere.