Chapter 33

Camila's POV

The sun went down and there's still no sign of Lauren. We've been trying to call her but her phone's off or broken. James managed to track it's last known location but they didn't find anything. By the time they got there, police were crawling all over the area and they were not allowed to cross the yellow line. They went back empty handed and were currently staying at the penthouse in case Lauren showed up.

Sofi has been bothering me all day about Lauren but I can't think of anything. I don't want to lie to her but I can't tell her the truth. Moving away from Lauren could be a real challenge. I should have thought about it before agreeing to this kind of living situation but I didn't really have a choice. She's been attached to her so much.

"Come on Sofi... You need to eat." She hasn't eaten since afternoon when she found out that Lauren wasn't around. "Just a bite."

"I want Lauren." She whined.

And I lost it. I slammed my hand on the table startling her. "Lauren's gone! If you don't want to eat then starve!" I walked away leaving the innocent child crying on the table.

It's all my fault. I never should have pushed her away.

Yes it was just a bet. But I felt that everything she showed us was true.

I'm such an idiot!

I let my pride get in the way.

Natalie's POV

"Have you heard anything?" I asked Mitch for the thousand time and I'm thankful that she was patient with me. From the moment we got into her apartment, I can't help pacing and thinking about what might happen.

"Nome but we need to bring some DNA sample to match the dead bodies."

"Then we should go to her unit."

By the time we entered the unit, I knew there was something wrong. Camila's slumped in the couch while Sofi was crying in the kitchen table.

I pointed to Mitch at Lauren's room. She nodded, understanding that I need to do something here. She'll find what she needed in Lauren's room.

"Mila..." The moment I sat down beside her, she began to breakdown.

"It's all my fault. I pushed her away." As Lauren's sister, I should be mad at her but I understand her situation. I'd be angry too if I found out that I was just a bet.

"We'll find her." I need to believe that Lauren's not one of those roasted bodies. She can't be dead. She just can't. "I'll talk to Sofi." She nodded and I went towards the kitchen.

"Hey..." The girl looked up. From the looks of it, she hasn't eaten anything. "Sofi... Listen to me." She looked at me with teary eyes. It broke my heart to see this poor girl hurting. "Lauren's a little sick... She can't come here because she don't want you to become sick." I don't know why I said that but I wish she'll believe me. The girl is too smart for her age.

"When will she come back?"

"Soon." I hope so. "So be a good girl and eat your food. You don't want to be sick when Lauren comes back."

Damn you Lauren! You can't be dead!

Mitch came out from the room and signaled me that she got what we needed.

I turned back to Camila. "Hang in there." She didn't respond. I sighed and left with Mitch.

Michelle's POV

"Good you're here! You're back in the case!" I was a little bit surprised at his statement but it was good news.

"Why?" It was Natalie who asked for me. Maybe we got a new lead.