Chapter 8

Camila's POV

"Lauren, please that's enough." I begged Lauren as she pulled more dresses from the stall. Our little 'ice cream' party had become a shopping spree. I thought we were just going to the little ice cream shop that I spotted just a block away from her condo but I was wrong. It was shocking when she went to the day care and borrowed a car seat. She then placed it in her car, secure Sofi and shove me to the passenger seat. The first thing she bought in the mall was a car seat then here we were in the children's department getting clothes for my little sister. "That's the fifth one."

"Yeah, only the fifth, if we were going to leave Sofi in the day care, she needed a lot of clothes and these are only dresses, later we'll get some shorts, shirts and shoes for her." She blinked and then disappeared from my sight. I felt shy at her spending money on us. We didn't deserve it and I really don't want her pity. I was just relieved that I managed to convince her to buy in the department store instead of those designer shops.

"Laur? Sofi?" I shouted between racks as if they were purposely hide from me.

"Over here!" I heard Lauren shouted back and saw that they were in the dressing area. I sprinted towards their direction only to see Sofi in a cute navy blue dress. "Isn't she cute?" I must admit, the dress was both simple but elegant.

"Do I look like a princess?" Sofi asked and spun around.

"Yes you are little girl and from now on, you are going to be my princess... Okay?" Lauren said and Sofi nodded and hugged her. It was so heart warming seeing those two together.

"Aw, they are so cute." I heard one of the sales ladies say. "You're so lucky with your girl. Not all of them would show their affection in public for their child."

"She isn't..." I was about to correct her but Lauren cut me.

"She's my little princess after all." Lauren said. I wonder why she didn't correct her. "We're going to take those too and all of those." She said pointing to the clothes in the basket.

"Okay Miss. Let me help you check them out." The sales lady must have thought Lauren was my girlfriend or wife. Well, do we really look like one!

"Just how many did you buy?" I asked. My last count was five and that's definitely more than ten.

"Don't know, I didn't count." She said. "So my little princess, shopping's over, are you ready for your ice cream?"

"Yay!" Sofi squealed in delight. "Carry me?"

"My pleasure."

Lauren's POV

"So what do you want my little princess?" I asked Sofi as we stood in front of the counter of an ice cream shop. Before we proceed to get an ice cream, we went to the car first in order to put the shopping bags. I might have did cause the back of my car to become full, I should have brought my truck, it's more space.

"I don't know... There's so many.." She said. I knew she can't read yet so I guess she was looking at the different flavors in the counter picture as well as the ice cream itself. "Pick for me."

I looked at Camz for help but she just shrugged. "Okay, let's go with the basic then. I'll order you a chocolate, then I'll order different flavor so you can check which one you like better. OK?" She nodded in understanding. "What do you want Camz?" I asked and she shrugged again. "Come on, don't tell me you haven't had an ice cream before?"

"I'll have strawberry." She finally said.

"Okay, you and my little princess here take a seat over there and I will order for us." I brought Sofi down and they walked towards the booth.