Chapter 23

Lauren's POV

"Come Lauren! Hurry up!" Sofi yelled as she ran towards the pool in our condominium. "Hurry! Hurry!" I giggled as I walked towards her.

It was already the weekend and I promised my little princess to teach her how to swim after we watched a movie of barbie in which she was a mermaid. I even bought her a swim suit that closely matched Barbie's.

"Take it easy my princess. The pool isn't going anywhere."

"Sofi..." Camz warned. "Lauren's still hurt remember?" The little girl then suddenly behaved. "Are you sure you can do it? You can always postpone."

"Take it easy on her and I'm fine. Look... You made her sad." I explained. "I'm okay... Don't worry... I won't let anything happen to her. I'll teach her at the children's pool." I assured.

"You're spoiling her too much."

"Oh yes I am..." Then I decided to tease her but held back. I liked to tease her about our future babies but then again, Sofi's her child and the topic of conceiving might be sensitive. "You can probably lay on those cabanas while I teach Sofi."

I saw Sofi sitting on the tiles of the children's pool. She was playing with the water using her feet. "Hey there little mermaid! Are you ready to learn?"

"Yes!"

"Let's get started then."

The children's pool was about two feet. It was enough to reach around Sofi's neck. She won't drown unless something really bad happen.

"Okay Sofi... Come on let's test the water. Is it too cold?" She shook her head no.

"Now the first thing I'm going to teach you is to float."

"Okay!"

Camila's POV

I watched in amusement as Sofi and Lauren played in the pool. She was supposed to be teaching her how to swim but as I can see, they were just goofing around most of the time.

It was such a great view. Seeing them having fun made me realize one thing, I'm glad I opened up to Lauren. She was far from her reputation. My view regarding rich people also changed. They weren't as bad as I thought they were. Some have good hearts like Lauren and her sister Natalie.

Austin was a good person too, but lately, he's been changing. He's been aloof and being alone with him scared me. I felt bad for rejecting him but we were just not meant to be. I only liked him as a friend or even as a brother.

"Ehem..." My deep thoughts was interrupted by an unwanted person. "The receptionist told me that I could find you all here. She let me in since this is a common area."

"Mrs. Smith..." I greeted the old and strict lady in front of me. I never thought that I'll be seeing her this soon. "I can't say that it's nice to meet you since every time I see you, I fear about Sofi."

"Fair enough." She fixed her glasses and then took a seat beside me. "Look Ms. Cabello. I apologize if I scared you but I'm just looking out for the kids. It was more than a job for me. It was a passion." She explained in a deep but flat voice. "Me, myself was a victim of an irresponsible family. I had a little sister too and she died because I failed to protect her from our abusive father."

"I understand. But please be sure that I love Sofi with all my heart and I won't let anything happen to her." I stated back.

"From this angle, they look like a mother and daughter. You're very lucky to have her in your life."