Chapter 26

Lauren's POV

"Do I really have to go?" Camila pouted as she whined. "You know, this kind if stuff is not my thing."

"Yes you have because you're my date and if you won't come then I won't come either. Come on it'll be just for a couple of hours. We'll be home by 10." I encourage.

"Hay..." She sighed. "You and your rich parties. I don't know why our school hold so much parties. It's ridiculous."

"Because it's part of our training. You know... To apply what we've learned in socialization it's stupid I know, I myself hated this kind of formal gatherings. People our age should party in clubs not in balls." It was such a pain in the ass having to deal with parties like this. Since this school specializes with the rich and famous, we need to learn proper conduct. Actually, this ball was also being graded.

One thing I hated about this party was the other rich spoiled kids. They act as they rule the place. It was preparation for us in real world. Like the charity event tomorrow, if I did something idiotic or acted ungracefully, then I'm sure my parents would blame the school.

"I also hated this stuff, honestly."

"Then let's just not go."

"But the guys would be here soon."

"Okay then."

Then my phone rang indicating that the guys were waiting. "Our ride's here."

The gown that Mani selected for Camila suits her perfectly. She was reluctant at first when she saw the design but I managed to convince her. It was just unfortunate that she decided to let her long hair down to hide her back.

She wore a matching stiletto that gave her another two inches, we were almost level.

Camila helped me fix my bow tie since I always had trouble putting them on. I'm wearing a dark blue suit with silver designs and underneath was dark blue dress shirt. My bow tie was also silver to match her gown's design.

"Let me take a picture!" Natalie exclaimed before we go. "You two look really good together!" Camila and I told her we were finally dating. She agreed to babysit Sofi for a while. Natalie took out her phone and snapped a couple of shots. "There! I'll have this printed out!"

Our group decided to use a limo instead of driving by ourselves. When we got in, the whole gang was already inside. I knew every one except for the girl in red dress. She must be Brad's new girl. "Hey guys!"

"Hey! Lauren!" Thy all greeted but then Brad continued. "This is Paula my date, Paula, that's Lauren and Camila."

We shared our greets as the limo driver drove us towards the hotel where the ball was going to be held.

For some kind of reason, Brad's date looked very familiar. "Doesn't she look familiar?" I whispered to Camila.

"Yeah... She looks familiar. I just can't place her anywhere."

I won't be able to sleep if I don't have answers so I tried to pry. "So Brad, where did you two meet?"

"At Starbucks. She was on a hurry and spilled some coffee on me. And the rest was history."

"Okay." I don't want to push it any further since Brad might get the wrong idea. She really looked like someone I knew.

I can't help but notice that Tony and James didn't bring a date. It was already expected with Mani and Ally since they were all over each other.

I'm so proud of Mani, she picked Ally up in a suit. I'll have to ask her for details but looking at those two, it seemed like everything went smoothly. But for now, I'm just satisfied to watch them. They were such a cute couple.