Chapter 13

Small Chapter so I figured I should just double update since it has been forever lmao.. Enjoy it 💁💁

Lauren's POV

It had been a month since Camz and Sofi lived with me. Things were great but why do I have a feeling that I'm forgetting something. I just shrugged it off thinking it shouldn't be that important.

Our routine was pretty much the same, we'll leave Sofi at the day care then drive us to the school. I practice basketball while she does her council work.

We have won all of our games so far and managed to reach the semi-finals. Some of our opponents were tougher but some were like our first game. Mani really did improve a lot. She was one hell of a play maker. Our team also improved a lot, specially their scoring. They still rely on Mani and I most of the time to make a basket.

Camz and I kept civil in school. We don't want to attract many attention but it kills me to be far from her. I wonder... Am I falling for her for real?

"Sup Laur!" My friends came at the same time at our usual spot.

"Hey guys!" I greeted back.

"So... You never hang out with us lately... You busy with your new chick?" Brad teased. Oh yes I'm busy with my princess but I would want them to know about that. "Any conquer you wanted to share with us?" He said with an evil grin on his face.

"Nope." Was my short answer and I hoped that he'll drop it.

"Oh come on... Share! We know that look! You got your eye on someone." Tony interrupted.

"Oh yes I do."

"So Laur... What's the progress about the ice princess?" James asked from the corner.

"Huh?" I asked confused.

"The bet?" He reminded. Oh shit! The bet! That's the thing that I've forgotten. "Don't tell us you're backing out?"

"I guess I owe you guys ten thousand dollars." I said nonchalantly. It will destroy Camz if she found out that everything started as a bet.

"Seriously? No way!" Brad said.

"I'm serious guys. Bet's off. I'll give you the ten thousand gran by the end of the month. And please, never mention this bet to anyone." They must have sensed the seriousness in my voice that they all went silent.

"You like her... Don't you?" It was Mani. One look in my eyes and she knew the answer.

"Like is an understatement... I think I've deep feelings for her." I admitted to them.

"Oh my goodness! Our beast have been tamed!" James commented while Tony elbowed him. There's something strange about those two.

"It's settled. Bet's off. You don't need to pay us anything. We're just glad you finally found the one." Brad replied. It was actually sweet of them to understand my situation.

"Yeah... You don't need to pay us anything..." Tony added.

"Thanks guys!" I sincerely said.

"Just don't screw this up Laur! She's a nice girl even though she still the ice princess. Maybe you could break her ice." Mani said.

"I won't... I'll make sure of that."

"What are you doing here then? Go join her!" It was Ally who pushed me from my chair.