My parents ?!

After that strange encounter with the
anonymous man , we head back home since we didn't have much to do . Hisoka wasn't in a good mood , he refused to talk or look at me and he had no appetite either . The second we entered the apartment , he went to the guest room and shut the door , without a word .

I sigh .

It's indeed hard for him . Now his mind is playing tricks on him and his memory . It just can't be the same man he met for whatever purpose that was . He met that person in the other fictional world . But the doubt is still there at the back of my mind . I thought it was impossible too . Until I saw Hisoka with my own eyes .

Ugh...

Grrrr

Ah , that would be my hungry stomach...I doubt Hisoka will cook today..

I'll just order some pizza .
I dial the number of the pizza diner delivery when I was interrupted by the sound of the bell ringing .

"A second!" I continue dialing . But I hear the door getting unlocked...

Huh ?
....huuuh??!!

The only people who have keys to my apartment are my parents! Oh shit!

It's impossible to reach Hisoka in time! I manage to jump and trip over tables and couches , my face almost hugs the floor but I quickly bang on the guest's room .
"DON'T YOU GET OUT , STAT QUIET!" I loudly whisper for him to hear but not any other person would . And then I hear the footsteps of my parents entering .

"Alyssa!! Surprise!" Both of my parents said in unison and open their arms to give me a hug .
"Hey..guys!" I try to act like I'm not nervous and hug them tightly with the best smile I can make out .

"What's wrong ? You're panting? " Mom says as she pats on my shoulder .

"Oh I was..exercising! Yep!"

"You look so skinny , have you been eating ? You need to learn to cook , Alyssa . This is no good for you or for the future family you're going to make . Instead of spending much time on your laptop as always , you can learn to cook . " mom says , already heading for the kitchen to start preparing dinner .

"Okay mom , fiiiine ." I huff . It's true . Living alone requires knowing how to cook so it'll be easier..but it's just hard for me .

"You know she just wants you to be able to do everything on your own with no worries ." Dad smiles and I nod . He's right .

I wonder if Hisoka has listened to me and decided to remain silent...if That's a case then thank you! I don't want to imagine how bad their reaction might be...

...

"Cream vegetable soup mmm! I've missed it , Mom . You make the best! And your garlic bread , dad , is like heaven!" I munch on my food , completely forgetting Hisoka's matter for now . It's been almost two hours , mom cooking , dad helping and me doing various chores from buying what they need to cleaning the counter and the living room . Everytime I pass by the guest room , I pray Hisoka stays there until they leave , peacefully .

I miss this family time and they've missed it too . But I had to be independent . And my work turned out to be in a different city .

"Are you guys staying for tonight ?" I ask , praying they say no .

"No , we have work to do . Although we really wanted to stay ." They give me a sad look and I nod , trying to look disappointed too.  Don't get me wrong , I'd love if they stayed...only if I didn't have the deadly jester in my apartment.

"Hmm , Ally-chan! Did you cook?"

I freeze in my place , staring right into the plate in front of me . Oh , boy..
I slowly turn my head to look at him . His hair is too messy , his shirt isn't properly worn so a part of his torso is shown , he rubs his eyes with a yawn escaping his mouth . A questioning look covers his face when he sees my parents .

He...must've been sleeping when I called out to him..

I turn to my parents , to find their shocked , horrified expressions .

Hahahahaha , kill me .

This is bad!

...

"Didn't you tell your parents about me , Ally-chan ?"

In the middle of my panic and the continuous lecturing of my parents without waiting for me to explain , Hisoka blurted out this , with the most innocent grin ever . The three of us gave him a super surprised look . When my parents turned to me , I glimpsed Hisoka giving me a wink .

"Ah..I-I..uh..guess I forgot , Morrow.." I squeak , hoping they'll buy this .

"My , my , how could you!" He moves closer to me , pulling me by my waist .
"Sir , ma'am , I am Alyssa's boyfriend!~"

"Eh?!" "What?!" My parents shout exhanging glances .
"How come you never told us!" Mom exclaims .
"And why was he sleeping in your apartment! Even if it's your boyfriend , it doesn't mean he should-" my father pauses as he smack Hisoka's hand that was clasping my hand away . Hisoka lets out a faint "ow!" but backs away anyway . That's dad being overprotective .

"I'm sorry...I should've told you..but I was..um..ugh.." I ran out if words and my pulse quickened too fast . I didn't like lying to my parents but they wouldn't believe me otherwise!
A stranger coming out from anime staying at my house alone with me ?
Yep , super believable , really .

"She was worried that you wouldn't accept it . Since I'm..well...struggling with finding a job nowadays ." Hisoka says instead , looking down pursing his lips .
Woah , such an actor..

Mom mouthes an obvious 'oh' and looks to Dad but starts speaking , calmer now .
"It's okay darling . And Alyssa , you know us well . We wouldn't mind such things . After all , I helped your father get a bigger job . When he married me , he was kind of poor to make a family but we stayed with each ither through thick and thin . "

Alright , I'm getting emotional and guilty since it's just a lie...please forgive me..

Their phones suddenly buzz .
"Ah , we've got to get back ." Dad says . They probably have work to do sooner than they've prepared . It takes two hours + from here to my hometown and I hope they aren't late .

"Tell me all the details on the phone , okay . " mom says , getting her purse from where she left it on the couch.

"And do not sleep next to him , I do not care ." Dad squints his eyes at Hisoka . I nod and give both of them a hug before leaving .

"Goodbye , Alyssa . Goodbye..."
I whisper to mom , "Morrow"
"Oh , goodbye Morrow . See you soon ."
And they shut the door behind them .

Phew!

My feet almost betray me but I feel an arm pulling me up before I fall .
"Thanks ." I sit on the couch . Hisoka sits next to me as well .

"You know what ? I have an idea ."