Time limit?

Obviously . There had to be one , otherwise it won't be any fun .

"Um...this is..well..was not what I expected ." I blink , still weirded out .
Hisoka opened his mouth to agree but no voice came out . He touched his throat gently and tried a couple more times , but it was gone . I thought there'll be a black cauldron with weird stuff in there and smoke and darkness and Flamingo green man will grow in size asking Hisoka to sing as he pulls his voice away so dramatically but , no . He just faded like that . Disappeared . And Hisoka's voice disappeared with him , seemingly with no pain or even realization that something was indeed lost .
"Let's buy you a pen and a notebook . I believe you know nothing about sign language , right?"
He shakes his head in shame and shock .
"Neither do I . Should've learnt it instead of my coworker ." I sigh realizing how I need it so bad right now . But before we could actually walk away , a notebook and an old fashioned ink pen appear on the ground .

"What just happened?? He summoned a demon for us? Okay the demon will suck our souls and we're dead-"
Hisoka nudges me hard . I turn around to see him crouching on the ground with the first page in display . There , written in messy handwriting , was a message :

"The portable opens in three minutes . Take a deep breathe and jump in to your homeland! There , you'll find answers! And I love riddles! If you can get the answer to my riddle , you'll receive back your voice and the portable will open again to your will!

I'm sick , I'm alone .
I'm waiting for him to come home .
Am I forgotten now or am I not?
Or am I a mere afterthought?
Who am I ?

"Oops , forgot to say! Time's only two months!

Hisoka probably felt reaally suffocated because he looked like he needed to swear and curse so bad . His face was red , hot with anger .

"There , there ." I hand him the pen . "Write whatever comes on your mind ." Hisoka shoots me a glare but snatches the pen anyway . He furiously writes something . Pretty short , wow . Not like I assumed he'd write a whole venting off essay but a little more than that I guess .

It was only a word , actually . Four letters . Capitalized too .

Ah , guess , he's not happy .

He aggressively shuts the notebook and kicks it away then seemingly aiming the pen to my face , he notices a couple blotches of dark ink on his hand and shirt . He stood there in disbelief : to how much the universe hated him right now .

"I mean..that's what you get for thinking about throwing it at me when I was obviously trying to help.."

Hisoka fumbles between his pockets , his jaw clenched and lips pursed hard . When he doesn't find what he's looking for , he stares at me for some time , eyes shooting daggers .

"What is it now ?"
He points at his pockets , rolling his eyes .
"Um what's that supposed to mean-oh . Don't tell me you're talking about your cards , of course I hid them! They're sharp as hell! Wait..were you actually going to use them on me right now?!"

Truth was , I was not even a little bit angry . Mute Hisoka was much cuter than his normal self . He was truly frustrated , his face was turning red .

"Now , don't be so hard on yourself Ariel . We'll get through this!"
I slap his shoulder in excitement . He walks back to where the notebook practically flew with the magestic kick , grabs it and dusts it off . Using the horrible pen again , he scribbles the following , " I'm stuck anyway . You're coming with me , I can't work on this alone . Can't believe I'll have to hear your annoying voice the entire trip . Wait . Why aren't we texting again?"

Oh , right . Why aren't we texting ?

"I guess our phones won't work there . Well unless you have yours right now? You know the one you had when you came here?" He shakes his head in disappointment ." Yeah I thought so . And also , it's same case . I'll be replying without texting back ."

"At least I can use emojis or something ."

"Awe , you sure love them alot! Hey , didn't it say 3 minutes? I can't believe the service is terrible even with portals in real life ."  I glance at my phone . It has been fifteen minutes already .

"How can we be so sure this bargain is not a trick? He may have stole your voice to add it to his collection and ran off . Wow , good job for not being skeptical!"

"Shut up for one solid minute , will you? I'm trying to figure out that damn riddle ." Hisoka had already crouched on the ground , looking too deep in thought but in no way calm.

"Yes , the riddle! Right! The sooner we know the answer to it , the less danger we face!" The moment I join him , blue and green hues turn up from apparently nowhere a meter in front . Both of us didn't realize we were already up so quickly . We share a not-so-sure-about-this-we-may-die-but-whatevs glance before Hisoka pulls his hand in mine tight . And without further introductions , preparation or actually accepting what I had absent-mindedly let go , we allow the colors of whatever the portal is made up of surround us from all directions ready for what awaits us .

  It was all a haze , it took hours but felt like seconds . However , the only thing that seemed to assure me that we'd be alright , the warmth I felt to the fact that Hisoka never really let go of my hand , even after he was entirely sure we were both safe .