It's about his past?

"He's at one nice hotel . You wouldn't think a guy like him won't pick a shady place to hide in when he's planning revenge against you . Bet it's coz your prestige is right in the mud."

"Illumi!" Hisoka yelled , clearly agitated by the remark . However , I was in absolute awe.
"Illumi! You're incredibly fast . How did you find him?" I exclaimed .

"Nothing much . Didn't take me long ." He dismissed the compliment acting as if it was an easy piece of cake . Well for him , it sure was .

"I also found something interesting . One of his men was following a woman of some sort . She looked odd to me . I sense she has some relation to you , Hisoka ." Illumi said in seemingly deep thought .

"Relation? What kind? Was it an opponent?" Hisoka asked , tilting his head in confusion .

"Or a lover." I wiggled my eyebrows , teasing him .

"Ally!you know you're the only- uh uhm go on Illumi ." Hisoka , flustered , sat away from me . Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

"No , she was mid forties . Unless you're into women of that age ."

"I wouldn't be surprised ."

"ALLY!"

"What?" I innocently grinned .

"Aren't you going to tell me about your voice?" Illumi shifted the conversation .

"I don't know , man . Good thing it's back tho-" he's haunted by bad luck.

"What? What is it?"

"It's gone , isn't it?" I said it more of a statement than a question . Hisoka nodded , mutely . Can't blame the guy who casted the spell , we don't have disney logic here so things could really be a bit messy . You don't expect everything to be perfect! People aren't 100% accurate! We aren't machines! -alrighy , I'll stop . I'll surely miss his attractively annoying voice for the time being .

"Let's get going then , Hisoka . The woman might have an answer to that riddle . Illumi's intuition and my gut tell me so . It's a powerful combo , isn't it? TRUST ME ."

He shook his head slightly and stared at me , eyes wide , in worried puppy manner . It almost looked like the patrick meme "Mom come pick me up I'm scared ."

"Illumi . If that woman really is important to our case , it won't be easy tracking her ourselves . Please kindly make sure we're not harmed or being followed ." I bowed .

Illumi cleared his throat , uncomfortable by my bowing and sincere request and politely asked us to excuse him so he'd get to work . Hisoja roughly nudged me .
"What? I wasn't flirting with him!"

...

  We arrived at the destination Illumi had given us . And waited for a long time . When we were sure no one was going to show up , A figure appeared walking across the street seemingly going back home after work .

  She was one pretty woman . Her flaring red hair was very short , in  a garçon haircut and her nose was elegantly pointed , like that of fairies . She wore long earrings , a white shirt and alittle under knee length black skirt . Honestly , if my eyes weren't lying, she really resembled him so much..THERE! Protruding from her skirt pocket was a deck of playing cards and a packet of gum . She stopped walking and turned around , Hisoka was pulling me towards him in the shadows but I tried my best to stand my ground and not budge . I wanted her to see us . I get it now , (I guess .) I wanted her to see how amazing her son cane to be . Maybe he's not the best person moral-wise , but he is strong and reliable . The resemblance was uncanny . Hisoka was like a mini her . Well , not mini-mini , since the dude was a giant bulk but you get what I mean .

The woman's eyes were getting teary , her jaw and knuckles clenched but she muttered a sorry and looked away . Is she not his mother? Oh , oh , oh . I know that scene . She's pretending not to know him in order not tO CauSe hEr sOn mOre hUrt bEcAuSe sHe fEEls bAd bEcaUse sHe sUppOsEdLy nEglEctEd hIm aBd sHe iS a bAd mOthEr and that's what I get from watching too many anime and dramas . Watch out , imma fix this shit . I KNOW BETTER!

"Excuse me , ma'am ." She stopped , Hisoka lanking behind me not fully grasping what was going on even with the smarts he had been babbling about having .
"Yes . This handsome guy is your son . Please tell him what you wish to say or you may not a one-of-a-kind chance like this . Life is short so hurry up and grasp that moment!" I probably made no sense reciting daily quotes we used to share all day long on facebook but the woman grabbed Hisoka aggressively in a hug anyways . Didn't expect it but it's Hisoka's mom yall . Hisoka was stunned . The dude was so dumbfounded and weirded out , his expression was priceless. The reunion was bringing me so much joy that tears were coming to my eyes . Oh boy , am I emo .

"I'm yourmother , dumbass . Hug me back!"

"??" Hisoka was absolutely shook . But he slowly hugged her back and she violently pat his back sayimg things like "my , oh my , my boy has grown up so well!" . Hisoka was madly blushing , clearly embarrassed , and silently look at me for help . But I was busy ugly crying .

"Here , have this . I always keep some with me . It's been so long isnt it?" She brought out some bungee gum from her pocket and ruffled his hair . He hesitantly took them , sneaking a glance to me first to which I nodded . Such a baby , I swear .

Then it hit me! The riddle!

"I'm sick , I'm alone .
I'm waiting for him to come home . Am I forgotten now or am I not?
Or am I a mere afterthought?
Who am I?"

Seriously , I'm ruining the anime logic . Seriously it's not healthy for me to stay here .

Yet , if it really is her , why isn't his voice coming back ? Should I hint it to him?

"Hisoka that is the answer to the riddle I bet ." I nonchalantly blurted out earning a confused look from his mom . Hisoka nodded and shut his eyes as if answering the riddle in his mind but...nothing happened?
Who the hell is it then? Alone and waiting for him to come home? Afterthought...? Holy shit , no. It can't be , can it? By any chance...is the riddle about...

  Hisoka seemed to have read my mind . The smarts and well perceiving skills are back . He approached me .

It was me all along? The me if he chose to stay here and leave me alone .

Does that mean I love him?

He held my face in his hands and they were so cold but at the same time so warm and gentle? Hisoka's mom's face was like " :O " but she looked in approval nonetheless . In fact I had a feeling she was seconds away from taking pictures .

"You won't be an afterthought ,"
He got his voice back!  "For I assure you , as long as I'm by your side you're always on my mind ."

Bruh Hisoka can be that romantic? I'm shaking! My body just got goosebumps all over! A literal confession-

"SEE THAT , BITCH?! " (Ruining the confession moment-)He raised his head up for sure directing it to the green-haired dude but he was looking no where in particular , " We solved it in less than 2 months! You gotta try harder to beat my ass!"

Because Hisoka .

...

Everyone , how are you all doing??  Please stay safe and wash your hands! I'm so sorry I'm late , things have been so hectic . Please take care of yourselves!💘

Here's a fanart of hisoka I made for an apology jgsgmbk