Chapter Thirteen

I walked into the cafeteria, and as usual Liam and Robin were beaconing me to come over. Lucas was there, but we just gave each other awkward stares.

I sat down next to Liam and he put his arm over me. I kissed him on the cheek and looked back at Robin who was just starring back with a disgusted look.

"Get a room!", she said making us all laugh.

"I heard we are trying something new in gym.", said Lucas. All of us have that class together including Sarah for some unfortunate reason, but nothing ever happens there.

Run a few laps. Jump a hurdle. Dodge a ball. Climb the rope. Easy stuff, especially when you can use your powers to hit someone in the head, climb the rope in a matter of minutes.

"What is it?", I asked.

"I don't know, but I've heard at least four kids were sent to the infirmary.", Lucas said.

"How nice?", said Liam.

"Yeah, so expect fun next period.", said Lucas right on time for the bell to ring right after.

We all don't want to end up in the infirmary. We never really liked gym. But, we all eventually got up and walked down the hall to the gym.

Whatever we are doing, I can already tell I'm screwed.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

We walked into the gym, and the gym is actually quite large. It is the size of two basketball courts that are side by side. You can tell because there is exactly two basketball courts side my side.

But today in the middle of the gym laid a large blue mat. With several blood stains covering it. Some still fresh, and some dried. Ew.

"Line up!", screamed the teacher. His name is Mr. Wrath. Also been here since the beginning. He is some Shapeshifter as well by his different hair colors everyday. Yesterday was orange, told it's jet black. He is tall for a average sized guy with huge muscle bulging out of his already tight exercising clothing, "Today! Royce has asked me to teach you guys on self defense! If for whatever reason a Mortem comes and tried to eat you face off, you need to know how to fight back!", he always loved screaming when he talked. His voice booms throughout the entire gym, "But first! I wanna see what you already know! I'll pick who fights, first one in fight to call mercy looses! First up! Lucas and Ryan."

"Fuck.", I heard Lucas say under his breathe. Then I realized who Ryan was.

Ryan Cross. Six foot three inches. Tallest kid in class with muscles the size of my head. He is a Vampire and already a blood sucking demon that's ready for action on the battle field between Human and Freak.

Ryan started laughing he looked at his opponent. The small and skinny Lucas. Only standing at five feet five inches, we all could tell who was gonna die today.

I patted Lucas on the back as he stepped forward to the left of the mat. Ryan stepped on the right and they took their fighting positions. Everyone stepped back a few feet, already preparing for the blood to fly. I almost wanted to look away. I just can't see him basically get murdered while I stand here doing nothing?

But I stood there, ready to see it.

Ryan made the first move. He leaped forward arms outstretched for Lucas's neck. But one thing for sure, Ryan is too fat and slow to move quick like Lucas. He may actually have a chance.

Lucas got behind him, and tried kicking out Ryan's legs from beneath him. But the behemoth didn't budge. Ryan reached around and grabbed Lucas's shoulder and pulled him to the front. Ryan lifted a fist and punched him in the jaw. I whinced, almost feeling Lucas's pain. His mouth started bleeding as Ryan continued to punch him. But after another four punched Lucas swung his arm around and left hooked Ryan in the neck. Ryan let go out Lucas who stumbled back.