Chapter 11

Previously on Chapter 10

I can't believe I almost lost her. I won't let Aniki took her from me. Mother introduced her to me, for us to get married. I love Y/N so much. I won't let him take her. I'll fight him, even if it'll cost my life. Y/N belongs to me.

-Second Phase: Cooking-

Y/N P.O.V

Satotz-San turn to us "this is as far as I go... Good luck on your next phase" he said, then he turn and 'walk' away.

Then the gate opens to reveal a girl and an guy with an oversized body behind her. "I'm Menchi, examiner of the 2nd phase Hunter Exam" she said. "And I'm Buhara... The other examiner" the guy said.

We all enter to the site. Killua as always stand close to me. "Your exam will be..... Cooking!!!" She said, happily. Everyone except Kurapika, Leorio, Gon, Killua and I laugh. Menchi looks at us in an annoyed expression.

"Cooking? Seriously? We want to be a Hunter not a chef. Everyone can easily cook. There's nothing important about cooking" one of the participant said, still laughing. A tick mark appear on my head after he said that.

"All of you, stop laughing!!" I scream at them. Killua looks at me in shock, probably because he never see me like this. "You can't take cooking for granted. You never know when you'll be needing your skills to cook. Finding the ingredient that is rare to create an excellent culinary is not a simple task. When you're lost in the wild, you need to hunt to survive. There are herbal plants that could heal lots of illness, that only grow in a place that's dangerous for us humans. Gourmet hunters are the ones going to hunt for them. Not only that, even a simple ingredients could be dangerous. Mushrooms... For example, if you don't know how to choose the right one. You could end up picking out the most poisonous one, which leads you to death. Cooking is one of the most important thing. Is not as simple as you think it is" I said angrily at them.

They all stare at me wide-eyed. "Thank you... Little girl. What's your name?" Menchi asks, she's clearly impressed by my speech. "Y/N..." I said, in a much calmer voice. She nods her head and smile at me. "Well, what you said is really true" she said.

"So what are we gonna cook?" I asks. Menchi turns to Buhara as he grins "Porks!!" He yelled out. "You're free to use any time of pork meat. You can find them in the forest" Menchi said.

Everyone just stare at them. "What are you waiting for? Get on with it!!" She screams. Everyone jumps, then soon recover and starts going for a hunt.

As we reach the forest. The five of us looks at each other. "So... How are we gonna look for them?" I asks. They shrug in respond. Then suddenly Gon jump sliding down the hill. Followed by Killua, then me, Kurapika, and lastly Leorio. Then suddenly Gon stops causing us to bump into each other. "Oi! What's that for?" Killua said. Gon ignore him and points to a certain direction "found the pigs" he said. I look up to see a group of wild pigs. They're chewing on bones. "They're chewing bones... Don't tell me, they're carnivore" Kurapika said. The pigs notice as and start chasing. "Run!" I yelled and we starts running.

'These pigs.... Their weak spot is located in their foreheads' I thought still running, as I remember what my dad use to teach me. "Here goes!" I said. Then I jump in and back flip. I took out my knife that I always have with me and stab its forehead. Then I land on the ground as the pig drop dead. I look around me to see everyone following my strategy in their own way.

Then I start dragging the pig back to the exam site. When we get there, I start preparing for what I need to cook them. I have to make it as beautiful and tantalising as possible.

The time is up and one by one, each participant walk towards the examiners to present their dish and all of them failed the test.

After a while it's finally my turn. I walk towards the two examiner, holding my plates of dishes. Once I get in front of them. I place the plates on the table. "I hope you enjoy them" I said, opening the lid.

"Woah! Finally a participant that shows some effort" Menchi said

"Woah! Finally a participant that shows some effort" Menchi said. I smile proudly. The scent spread around the field. I look around to see everyone drooling. I giggle in respond at their reaction.

"Alright... Let's have a taste" Menchi said and take a bite. Her eyes widened as she looks like she's on cloud 9. "this is.... Amazing!!! Not only you knew what it takes to be a gourmet hunters. You also make a wonderful dish! Okay! Y/N is the only one pass" she said. I look around me as the others looks down in disappointment.

"Menchi-San... If I'm the only one passed. I think I'm gonna forfeit" I said. "What? You passed. There's no going back" she said. I was about to say something, one out of no where an old man jumps down from an air ship. I jump in shock as he lands right in front of me.

"You failed all of the participant again, Menchi?" The old man said. He looks down and Menchi's cleavage. I sweat-dropped 'this guy is a pervert old man' I thought. "Not everyone failed, Netero-Sama. *points at me* she passes" she said. "Yeah... But I refused to accept this if I'm the only one who passed" I said.

Menchi sigh "fine! I'll give you all one more chance" she said. Then she turn to Netero "Netero-San... Can we use your air ship?" She said. Netero allows us to get on his ships and we get on the ship to our next destination.

Time-skip

We are now standing by a cliff. "Now everyone... Come and take a look" Menchi said. We steps forward and looks down. I notice there's a net going around there. "Spider eagle's nest" I said. "Looks like you know this one too" Menchi said, looking at me. I just grin at her "I have plenty of time to read books. Those eggs also known as Eggs of Paradise, since they're believed to be the most delicious eggs. This is one of the example I was talking about. If you don't know the rules about this deep ravine, you'll die" I said. The others looks at me wide-eyed.

"Well if you know so much, why don't you try to demonstrate" Menchi said. I grin "gladly" then I jump of the cliff. I grab onto one of the net and wait. I sense the wind, I release my hold. I grab one of the eggs and continue falling. Then a strong wind push me back up. Then I land perfectly on my feet with the egg in my hand. "Tadaaa!!!" I said. Everyone looks at me impressed. They start running. "Hey wait!" I try to warn them, that the net won't hold them if they all jump together. But too late... They already jump of the cliff.

Soon they came back with each of their eggs. "Look baby... I got it" Killua said. I smile, then I whack Killua on the head. "Oww... What's that for?" He said. "That's for making me worry. I try to warn you!" I say angrily at him. He just laugh nervously. "You could've died, you stupid" I cried. His eyes widened as he pulls me into a hug. "I'm sorry for making you worried... I won't do it again, I promise" he said, stroking my hair with his hand that's not holding the egg.

Now we're enjoying the egg we boiled. "Woah! It taste amazing!!" I said. Everyone agreed with me. I turn to see Gon offering a guy to have a taste of the egg. I smile, he's really a good person. Maybe Killua and I could be a good friends.

Then...

*to be continued*