Chapter 2 Edward Cullen

It had been a couple of days for the Swan household to forget their priorities and relax. It had been a good three days for them which lifted Charlie's spirits. No sulking in her room, no night terrors and no mentioning of the 'E' word for Bella. His eldest daughter was now lively again, always in the living room either conversing with her sister or reading the morning paper. Charlie knew that this had something to do with Nia being back in their lives. He finally got his girls back. And he hoped that it would stay.....until Saturday night.

It was passed midnight when Nia woke up due to screams coming from Bella's room. Her first instinct; grab a bat and swing. She ran to her older sister's bedroom but by the time she arrived, Charlie was already there comforting her screaming sister and there were no intruders. Charlie cradled Bella who kept on thrashing around in bed crying.
Nia was aghast by this not knowing what to do next. Never in her life had she seen Bella or anyone have a breakdown. She dropped the bat in shock which garnered her father's attention.

"Go back to your room Nia." Nia opened her mouth to say something but closed it realising that she lost for words. She didn't know how to respond. "PLEASE" She flinched at her father's tone and ran strait back to her room. It took all night for Nia to blur out the memory and fall asleep, all whilst clutching her stress ball.

 It took all night for Nia to blur out the memory and fall asleep, all whilst clutching her stress ball

————-

Nia woke up again; this time to the sounds of birds chirping outside her window which she always left shut. Nevertheless, they were still annoyingly loud. The memory of last night flashed through her mind. Maybe it was just a dream, hopefully. Nia glanced at the clock by her nightstand. It was past ten, Charlie usually wakes me up and brings me a cup of coffee before nine. It had been like that for the last three days. Nia stood up letting her feet make contact with the cold wooden floorboards. She grabbed the blanket on her bed and wrapped it around herself to keep her warm. She was beginning to miss the weather in Arizona, now she had to get used to the always cold one in Forks. No one was downstairs. Not even Bella who was usually the first to wake up and lounge by the coach watching the morning news. Maybe they're out shopping Nia thought. They did ran out of eggs. A post it note was on the fridge and it said...

Duty calls girls. Don't want me to loose my job right? And you both need to go to school tomorrow.
BTW there's no more coffee Nia.

-CHARLIE

Great, no wake up call and no coffee. Nia groaned. She decided to make breakfast for her and her sister. Bacon and eggs, her mouth began to water. But she got to wake up her sister first. Nia jogged up the stairs and into Bella's room. She bit her lip in anticipation. What happened to her last night? Nia swing the door open. Surprise, surprise, there she was on the same chair she was sitting on four days prior. "Is it just you or did the empty lot next to us magically built a house with a hot neighbour?" Nia tried to joke. Silence.."It doesn't have a great view to be honest"...more silence..."Charlie is at work and we need to go to school tomorrow."...silence again...Nia hugged her sister from behind. She felt horrible not knowing what was happening to her older sister. Whatever it was, it was intense. Nia thought of that boy who broke her sister's heart. Whatever his name is, he's dead to me.