Chapter 22 The Reckoning Pt. 3

Nia's eyes fluttered open only to close them again because of the blinding light. She blinked a couple of times before adjusting to the light. "Where am I?" She asked softly.

Carlisle appeared by her side not answering her question. "You had an accident Nia. You fractured your arm and you have a couple stitches at the back of your head and back but you are alright now."

"Wha-what?!" She panicked. Looking around the room, Nia realised that she was in Carlisle's office in the same bed her now deceased sister gave birth on. "Oh my gosh." She started to cry. Fast and loud footsteps approached them. Soon, she was surrounded by the vampires and wolf pack. All of them tried to comfort the young brunette.

"It's alright now Nia. We stopped fighting." Emmet comforted her.

"You are more important to us than any petty fight." Quil and Embry stepped up.

Everyone nodded their heads agreeing. But that wasn't the reason why she was crying. "Bella." Nia hiccuped. She lost her one and only sister. The person she loved was now dead. She cried harder.

Jacob came forward to his best friend silently crying. In his arms was the baby, Bella's baby. Nia's eyes sparked in adoration when Jacob passed the baby to her. She was now holding her darling niece. "She looks so much like her."

"We know. And she was also the reason why we aren't at each other's throats right now." Nia looked at Jacob confused. He smiled before asking. "Nia, what's the most important law that all wolves have to follow."

"Nobody kills a-" she gasped. "You imprinted in her!" Finally, Jacob got what he deserved. Nia kissed her niece's forehead before giving her back to him. "I'm so glad for you-" Nia's smile turned upside down. One man stood in the corner looking ashamed. It was Sam. He stared at his 'little sister' who now had a cast on her left arm. She looked at him with disgust. "Get him away from me! He did this! You should feel disappointed! First, you did this to Emily and now me!" She screamed. Everybody stared at her in shock. Everybody in the room knew that Emily and her scar was a very sensitive subject to Sam. He would rip out their throats if they uttered a word but he stayed still in the corner staring at the youngest Swan in pain. "I lost two people tonight. And you are to blame that I lost one of them, but I'm not gonna let that happen. I'm looking for Paul." She stood up from the bed and ran to her car despite everyone's protests.

Her cast didn't stop her from driving as fast as she can. Even if she was left handed. Nia followed the blinking dot in the navigation system. But why was he in Julie Myer's house? Guess that tracking device was worth it.

She slammed the door rushing to the front door of Julie's house. Nia stopped in her tracks when she saw what was going on through the window. The brunette almost fell in shock to see her best friend making out with her boyfriend. "No no no no" Tears fell down her eyes. "Paul" She muttered under her breath.

————

Paul's eyes widened in shock when Julie's lips came in contact his his. He stayed for ta few seconds processing what was going on before snapping out of it. "Julie no!" He pulled away wiping his lips.

"What the hell Paulie! Just kiss me already! You love me and NOT her!" Her mascara ran making her look like the grunge. He couldn't believe it, it was all an act. Julie was only pretending to be friends with Nia to get to him. SLAM! Both of them looked out the window seeing Nia's car speed away from the house. Julie started to laugh. This night couldn't get anymore worse for Paul. He looked back at  shallow girl before him. "It's too late anyways. So make your time here worth it." She patted seductively at the spot next to her.

Paul had enough. He grabbed her by the neck and slammed her to the wall saying "I WILL NEVER EVER LOVE YOU." He left her house.

"Fuck you Paul! You played me! You're a player and you will always be one!" Julie ran after him shouting in her porch.