Chapter 11 The Thirst

If Nia was still human, she would've been passed out with a bottle of alcohol in the sand right now. But no, fate decided that she would become a vampire. Which meant a lot of things, one of them was the increase of her alcohol tolerance level. An advantage she would be thankful for...if she wasn't in the situation she was in right now. After the other Paul incident, the 'catching up with Nia's life' part was now over. The actual party composed of drinking and dancing started. Sam and Emily had just left, their explanation was that they're "getting too old for this kind of scene". Nia felt the same way too. She chuckled picturing Charlie enjoying this type of scene. Oh shoot Charlie! Nia had completely forgotten about her friends. She switched her phone on for the first time in forty eight hours. Hundreds of texts and phone calls coming from Luca, Pinky, Charlie and even Nathan were displayed on her screen. Majority were from her now ex-boyfriend though. It didn't come as a surprise that Nathan was still-and always will be a gentleman. She began to text them one by one by and came up with a fake excuse of spontaneously coming back to her hometown until gosh knows when. It wasn't an exact lie though. She finished another bottle of whiskey after pressing send. Damn it, still sober.

"Something wrong?" A voice made Nia look beside her. It was Garret's.

"Nothing's wrong." She denied looking at everyone enjoying the party.

Garret chuckled catching her lie. "You don't strike me as a person who doesn't enjoy parties. But since you're all alone isolated at the edge of the party, I'm thinking that this has something to do with that Paul man one of your wolf friends mentioned earlier."

"Shut up Garret. You're already on my nerves."

"Woah sorry there princess." He raised his hands in surrender. Silence came before them, Nia liked it, until Garret decided to open his mouth again. "You know newborn-" Nia cringed at the new pet name. "-never have I ever in my vampire life thought that I would be teaming up with a couple dogs-mutts-I mean wolves!" He corrected himself after Nia shot him a couple glares. 

She dropped the bottle and clutched her stomach in pain. Nia felt her body go limp before Garret caught her. "I'm sorry-I-this is weird. All of a sudden, my head feels like it's going to explode." She tried to stand up straight. Nia knew that this wasn't because of the alcohol affect. She was still very sober. Her stomach growled. "I'm hungry."

Garret seemed to know what was happening to her. "I think you mean that you're thirsty. Have you fed yet?"

Nia's eyes grew wide as she shook her head no. The sounds of heartbeats made her stare at the wolves and some of their human imprints. She unintentionally licked her lips. She started to shake uncontrollably. She muffled Garret's words to not feed on them. She took a step forward, but then back trying to control her thrist. The pain became more intense, and the dryness of her throat made Nia want to suck the life out of everyone present. She speed away from the scene as fast as she can.

She stopped in a gasoline station. But there was one fatal flaw. There was a man putting gas into his car. The area was deserted and dark. Perfect for a first kill. The man looked back sensing that someone was starring at him. Nia hid before he could see her. His face was eerily familiar. Oh no, oh gosh. It was none other than Charlie Swan. She couldn't allow herself to make this mistake. But her feet betrayed her as she raced towards the clueless man. 

All of a sudden, she was knocked into the woods. A wolf just pushed her out of the way and pinned her to the ground. Nia's eyes fluttered shut after that.